IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Dunno. Contact your computing appliance vendor?
I've got a dormant WP site setup on Dreamhost. About a year after I turned it on, I got an e-mail from them that my site had been compromised, but they cleaned it up. (Whew!)

Presumably your hosting outfit is aware of what to do in such circumstances, too? But maybe they just provide the virtual hardware and the rest is up to you. :-(

Google doesn't turn up anything for me with those two weird words. "Wordpress hacked" does turn up a bunch of things, but they might not be relevant.

Dunno if there's a version of Google for TOR and the "dark web" - I've never poked around there.

Good luck!!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Yeah, Dreamhost noticed it about 5 hours before I did
They had already disabled a bunch of stuff and gave me a list of affected files. Now I'm going through the whole server looking for anything that changed in the last 24 hours. Man, there's a bunch.
--

Drew
     How do I research a hack tool? - (drook) - (9)
         Dunno. Contact your computing appliance vendor? - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Yeah, Dreamhost noticed it about 5 hours before I did - (drook)
         bunch of them out there, also try sans.org thought I saw an article on last mailing -NT - (boxley)
         Start with the web server logs - (scoenye) - (1)
             thanks for the tip downloaded kali linux -NT - (boxley)
         And now a cron exploit? - (drook) - (3)
             Review at jobs as well -NT - (crazy)
             Other account's crontab? - (scoenye) - (1)
                 also note /etc/cron.daily cron.weekly cron.motnly and cron.hourly -NT - (boxley)

Gifts to acquaintances and coworkers should be delivered with as much warmth and sincerity as you can fake.
59 ms