IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I will chat with the guys tommorow when I go back in
The only reason I know about the prius and naught else is that there a about 6 of them in the parking lot owned by ex airforce types that like them for milage. Stennis is a long way from anywhere commute wise.
One of my co-workers rebuilt the battery pack in his, wasnt dificult by itself but the stuff you have to remove to get to it is a beatch
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New finally got an answer
co-worker in question went on vacation for 3 weeks. Older model prius. H-pack cells got too low to charge via running the vehicle which ran with really bad milage during this time. He had to dismantle, identify the bad cells and replace then spent about a month tweaking until it got back up to snuff. Not necessarily expensive but a complete pain to get to and diag. took him a while to nurse it back.
New Thanks..
Yeah, those would be NiMH cells ... having to mix-in a new cell? or look around for an OK one of similar age.
PITA. If access to battery-pack is also a time waster, even if you have an idea about "balancing" cells and similar. I gather that the "car" also needs time to learn the habits of the new pack; days? weeks?

Looks as if the Kia Niro is priced out of reach (alas) so I can delay getting ept.
New took him the best part of 2 weekends to get to done then then a month of running to balance out
     As tis the Season of Mammon-run-amok.. I be looking for a New automotive device. - (Ashton) - (19)
         Cars are a big pain in the butt. - (Another Scott)
         i have 29k miles on the 2017 focus thus far. Am wellpleased with the handling and the tranny - (boxley) - (11)
             Drove one briefly. - (Ashton) - (9)
                 What's your time frame? - (crazy) - (1)
                     My tack also, but - (Ashton)
                 It's not exactly clear, but I think (in the USA) only the Prius Prime has Li-Ion batteries. - (Another Scott)
                 Addendum re hybrid battery systems - (Ashton) - (4)
                     I will chat with the guys tommorow when I go back in - (boxley) - (3)
                         finally got an answer - (boxley) - (2)
                             Thanks.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                 took him the best part of 2 weekends to get to done then then a month of running to balance out -NT - (boxley)
                 Relatedly - BBC - Real world emissions: 2009 diesel vs 23 year old gas VW Golf. - (Another Scott)
             Prii. - (CRConrad)
         We love our 2017 Corolla - (malraux) - (1)
             I could live with that.. - (Ashton)
         BTW, the sound of " Mammon-run-amok" reminds me of... - (CRConrad) - (3)
             I know nothing about the naming, but ... - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 (thumbsup) -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     Nahhh.. Admin knoze that - (Ashton)

We of the Church of Emacs feel that vi usage isn't a sin, but rather a penance.
60 ms