IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Speaking of "opiates" and "masses", speculatively..
Conundra abound this Solstice:

All are ~aware of the death-toll--rivaling or exceeding the common Murican fav forms of seppuku--of the transistor-enhanced morphine-clones ... now in many bloodstreams-near-You. Some in that car, weaving a bit and coming atcha on the two-lane(?)

SO then: beginning with that familiar analytical phrase from Karl re "opiate of the masses":
We See the effects of tele-vangelicals, upon rhyme, Reason and Lemming-dom. Pretty much in accord with Karl's deductions from way-back
(Did I mention that I have now, via friend: what may be the First-English Ed.s of both Das Kapital and er, Mein Drumpf Kampff?)

Obvious query then:
here we have the metaphorical AND the clinically-Actual forms of "addictions which corrupt.." (or just maybe--in susceptible individuals--eliminate? The Reasoning Process in the infected/affected.)

SO then, In Combination: does the Corruption enhance as the square2, the cube3 ... or maybe the ^13th-Power^ ??
(as one attempts to put numbers on the Destruction seen in just one year of a Know-nothing-in-Chief bringing new Meanings to running amok?)

tl;dr: is it reasonable to conflate fecklessness, gullibility/aka mental-laziness and the Murican anti-intellectualism as a modifier for the (equally inappropriate concept of)
"I.Q." ? as our edjaKayshunal Institutions attempt to bring aboard the still-educable? Careful philosophy students Want. To. fucking-Know. ... y'know?

This query can entertain evenings, on those long-winter icy cave-walls as we gather to see the shadows projected by the unKnown-Sun: on the same walls
(like in that famous earlier Cosmic-model.)
New Dunno. I'm reminded of Tom Levenson's "Elevenses" post at B-J.
https://www.balloon-juice.com/2017/12/21/that-late-morning-moment/

It seems that Americans and Colonists were notorious drunks because our "elevenses" was whiskey.

Maybe we're pre-disposed to want to drown our sorrows in drink or analgesics. :-(

Cheers,
Scott.
New seems like it
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Neat. Thanks.
New Or Madeira wine
www.vtarchaeology.org/wp-content/uploads/v1_ch7_reduced.pdf

From the goings-on between the newly minted USA and the Brits in early 1777:
The British advance guard entered Fort Ticonderoga and then charged across the bridge to the Vermont shore. Just four Americans had been left behind at Mount Independence, in the Horseshoe Battery overlooking the bridge. and they had orders to fire a cannon upon the British when they started across. Had they obeyed their instructions, the outcome might have been truly heroic. However, the American soldiers had broken into some of the supplies abandoned by their fleeing comrades, and as a British officer later reported, "we found them dead drunk by a cask of Madeira"

(Ticonderoga, NY and Mt. Independence, VT are opposite each other at the southern end of Lake Champlain. The lake is very narrow at that point and both forts were connected by a floating bridge, now gone.)
New Heh..
Steeplejack
December 21, 2017 at 11:34 am
Just took a minute of silence to observe the solstice. Turned off all media, stood by the big front windows and let my steely gaze fall on Threadkill Lane. All was calm. The housecat continued to doze at her workstation. Heating pad set to 2 (“keep warm”). That is all.

Funny thing, I also shook out the cat hair in the ex-feral's cozy tunnel in garage (with own perpetual 20 watt bedwarmer) satisfied that (despite a recent 26.8F temp)
Tux is Good-to-Go ... even if the gadget likely has thermistors ..and other recent Mephistophelian innards. Techno may be preparing to kill us all off in subtly Gotcha! Ways, next

so it may be a Bitch/but it's OUR Bitch.

Mele Kelikimaka, y'All (sp?)
     Speaking of "opiates" and "masses", speculatively.. - (Ashton) - (5)
         Dunno. I'm reminded of Tom Levenson's "Elevenses" post at B-J. - (Another Scott) - (4)
             seems like it - (boxley) - (1)
                 Neat. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
             Or Madeira wine - (scoenye)
             Heh.. - (Ashton)

We have a moral imperative.
75 ms