IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Paul Ryan
It seems there's a Special Place in the collective American-heart for a man who only can be called Self-less.

(Why.. at one point in this endless cascade of accolades--about 2' down? as the Trackball rolls--there's an entry by a genuine Unicorn, one speaking with quite fine diction!)

Carrion

Best to keep some around. For when the shelves are bare.
New interesting how people think all money belongs to the gummint
and should only be rented to the deserving
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Interesting how so many rich and powerful feel the need to take ever more from society.
New Interesting how so many rich and powerful feel the need to "earn" even more from customers.
New It's one of the seven deadly sins -- greed! :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New indeed it is
New It's obvious we should take him seriously, but I just can't.
The man reads Ayn Rand for Christ's sake. I've never met anyone (and have heard of only one person - himself!) that doesn't recognize every thought ever conceived in the head of that worthless bitch was utterly useless. The adolescents I knew who read her works and thought they "made sense" and were ensnared in her lunacy quickly abandoned her philosophy once they had matured through their adolescent angst and myopic world view.

He's supposed to be an adult, for Christ's sake, but he has never evolved beyond adolescence. Why does anyone listen to the bastard? Intellectually, he is *still* a very young, very sheltered teenager. Why doesn't EVERYONE see that?
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Possible brief-answer: The Murican pandemic of anti-Thinking; it's just too much trouble and..
The Apprentice is on next! so I'll grab a Coors-Light, watch some Other-person 'do-sports' -so I-don't-Have-to and ... you-know.

Yeah, Murika has fully-become that :-/ :-/ vast wasteland so perfectly-coined by Newton Minnow, who seems to have glimpsed that
~~it isn't just our juvenile Tee Vee that Sucks in the transistorized-'Murica' aborning. Clever Lad, he.

(Personally I like Philip Wylie's frankly-excoriating summaries of His 'dis-USA' du that earlier jour;) he coined 'Momism', thence to The Disappearance
We have become so Vile that: it is almost impossible to create a Positive overview without pandering either to er, Pandora?/Pollyanna ..or mouth-breathers everywhen.

Carrion: the National Mind-food.
New Looks interesting, checking my library now
--

Drew
New she is right up there with elron himself
New At least his drivel was entertaining though.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New oh heck yeah, his scifi occupied a many boring afternoon
     Paul Ryan - (Ashton) - (11)
         interesting how people think all money belongs to the gummint - (boxley) - (4)
             Interesting how so many rich and powerful feel the need to take ever more from society. -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                 Interesting how so many rich and powerful feel the need to "earn" even more from customers. -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                     It's one of the seven deadly sins -- greed! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                         indeed it is -NT - (boxley)
         It's obvious we should take him seriously, but I just can't. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
             Possible brief-answer: The Murican pandemic of anti-Thinking; it's just too much trouble and.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                 Looks interesting, checking my library now -NT - (drook)
             she is right up there with elron himself -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                 At least his drivel was entertaining though. -NT - (malraux) - (1)
                     oh heck yeah, his scifi occupied a many boring afternoon -NT - (boxley)

Listeners, the City Council, for national security reasons, have replaced the following report with the sound of a burbling brook, followed by the sound of a running blender.
58 ms