IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Congratulations?
With negotiation skills like that, you may own the company in a couple of years.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Negotiation comes from a position of strength
You need to be willing to walk away. Or at least fake it. Sounds like this was a case of genuinely willing to walk.
--

Drew
New You forgot something.
You need to be willing and able to walk away.

Seems that latter part was missing here. IIUC?
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
New Nah, I could have refused
I could have stayed in current position. I created the number that made it worthwhile.

I also made a couple of demands on free days which made sure certain days off matched my wife's schedule. I also chose which group of people I wanted to work with since this is 4 days one week and 3 days the next, and we are grouped on "platoons". That made my boss juggle the other guy in this position to the alternative days, essentially forcing him to switch to the other platoon.

I made the decision on what was worthwhile, and now it is time to live up to my side of the bargain.

I've been doing it a few days now without the evil guy, he's been on vacation, so at least I've gotten comfortable with the responsibilities without the pressure of him being there.

This job is pure multitasking. And I suck at that. So does everyone else, but at least I know it and have mitigation strategies. It's been fun.
     New position - (crazy) - (7)
         Congratulations? - (Another Scott) - (3)
             Negotiation comes from a position of strength - (drook) - (2)
                 You forgot something. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     Nah, I could have refused - (crazy)
         Good luck! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         feel sorry for the evil bastard -NT - (boxley)
         Just maybe you can manage to keep him in cognitive dissonance ... long enough? - (Ashton)

Do you know where your towel is?
48 ms