IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It's amazing how the Soviets succeeded.
I ran into a lady serving food samples at Costco in Charlotte a few years ago. The Russian sounding accent and flash of a stainless steel tooth made me ask her where she came from. It was Kazakhstan. So, I told her that originally I came from Ukraine. Well, she said, we're all the same people.

Back in July on a camping trip I was registering for a site a Colorado State Park. So, the college age park office attendant asks me "What kind of last is yours?" It's Ukranian I told him. "Wow", he said, "my parents and I used to live in Kiev and we're Ukranian!" But, then he told me his family only spoke Russian! As I left, he said goodbye in Russian and I smiled and replied goodbye in Ukranian. :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Yes, except in the Balkans.
Those folks will be slaughtering each other 'till the end of time.
New The religious differences are deeper.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New The "foreign language" in Kiev for 4th class was Ukrainian. The "official" language was Russian.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
     I know LA is huge, but stay safe AG. - (Another Scott) - (11)
         No apparent problem here. - (Andrew Grygus) - (10)
             The three bottles: - (malraux) - (1)
                 Sorry, scientifically impossible.. - (Ashton)
             I must correct you. She was Ukrainian not Russian. - (a6l6e6x) - (7)
                 Yes, I was quite aware of that . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
                     The modern name Russia did not come into use until 15th century. - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
                         Belarus also suffered. - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                             It's amazing how the Soviets succeeded. - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                                 Yes, except in the Balkans. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                     The religious differences are deeper. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                                 The "foreign language" in Kiev for 4th class was Ukrainian. The "official" language was Russian. -NT - (mmoffitt)

Switch view to kaleidoscopic.
72 ms