1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Here's your Rorshach of--perhaps a majority--of dis-US Alabama voters
New I no words
--

Drew
New The sad part is that some think that makes sense!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Indeed. Especially this part.
Sadly, the campaign's relentless extremism is successful. Moore still incredibly has the support of 6 in 10 white women, evoking the triumph of Donald Trump in that category last year. It's a stirring reminder that the motivating factor in the Alabama Senate race—as in every contest of this political era—is identity. Specifically, white, Christian, Real American identity versus The Other. White Alabamians will vote for Roy Moore because, like Donald Trump, he's the White Candidate. Doug Jones, who prosecuted members of the Ku Klux Klan after the Birmingham church bombing, is the candidate of The Other. No matter that Moore is accused of molesting a 14-year-old. He's tough on crime, while Jones is weak. Maybe that has something to do with who the crimes' perpetrators are.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Yeah.. our Racism is a given, but
It's our Stupidism which is buried under all those other elephants in the room. Paternalism seems to have weakened the 'Murican female gene pool;
'twas a Heroic few who endured the tortures du jour ... even to get to Vote at all.
(Xenophobia is no help; it's one o'them Elite words)
     Here's your Rorshach of--perhaps a majority--of dis-US Alabama voters - (Ashton) - (4)
         I no words -NT - (drook)
         The sad part is that some think that makes sense! -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             Indeed. Especially this part. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 Yeah.. our Racism is a given, but - (Ashton)

A McFrankenstein creation of various elements not utilized by the home cook.
66 ms