IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It's "zero-emissions" because they are pumping CO2 into the ground.
And I'm not sure what keeps it there in the long term. But, they are selling some for industrial use.

The high pressure combustion is interesting.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New The real solution (for fossil fuel systems) is . . .
. . an efficient method of cracking CO2 into Carbon and Oxygen. No way to do this practically has been proposed, as far as I know.
New That would take all the energy that was created during combustion.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Unless a magic catalyst could be found.
New Yeah, like cold fusion.
Alex

-- Isaac Asimov
     "zero-emissions fossil-fuel power plant" neat! - (boxley) - (5)
         It's "zero-emissions" because they are pumping CO2 into the ground. - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
             The real solution (for fossil fuel systems) is . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                 That would take all the energy that was created during combustion. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                     Unless a magic catalyst could be found. -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                         Yeah, like cold fusion. -NT - (a6l6e6x)

So yeah, this is a thing. One of those things that you come across online that makes you think, "That's enough internet for the day."
67 ms