IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New oh, so real indians cant point out that fake indians hurt their causes? good to know
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Fake or not, it can be a problem.
If she was using it from a position of privilege, then I believe that's a subversion of the intent.

It has in the past been difficult to know definitively as well. My family was convinced, to the extent of having photographic and written evidence, that my great-grandmother was Obedjiwan. It turns out that the evidence was misinterpreted and that the individual in question (who was very much Obedjiwan) was actually a sister in-law of my great-grandmother's instead. We didn't figure this out until my mother had a DNA test done very recently. If Warren hasn't had that test done then she should, but it can be easy to make that mistake without it.

Even if that had been the case, I don't believe my family would have right to take advantage of such things given that we're doing fine without it.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Re: ... given that we're doing fine without it.
What are you? Some kind of Communist? :0)
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New :-)
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New cherokee is pretty easy to check out
most of the eastern tribes were documented in such a fashion that it made the SS envious. Those who hid out and or intermingled that didnt make it on the roles had recognizable last names so a straight geneology search would settle it pretty quick and those who have done so in her case came up empty. You are correct, a DNA test may help.
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
     pocahontas apology has been written for her - (boxley) - (8)
         Re: "who have been greatly harmed by my misappropriation of Cherokee identity." - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             he absolutely should -NT - (boxley)
         What utter fucking bullshit drivel. Have you, at long last, neither shame nor brains left? -NT - (CRConrad) - (5)
             oh, so real indians cant point out that fake indians hurt their causes? good to know -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                 Fake or not, it can be a problem. - (malraux) - (3)
                     Re: ... given that we're doing fine without it. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                         :-) -NT - (malraux)
                     cherokee is pretty easy to check out - (boxley)

It looks like someone sewed pieces of a waterlogged Reagan mask together at gunpoint.
70 ms