IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Morning Shopping.
Yesterday (Black Friday) I did not go out. I guess it wouldn't have mattered - the Saturday newspaper reported the stores were "very lightly packed".

This morning I dialed up my Braun coffee grinder and heard a snap! Well, it was grinding anyway, but then I noticed it wasn't stopping. Failed - after a mere 40 years of daily service!

New coffee grinder needed. Did a quick check on the Inet and chose the Cuisinart DBM-8.

BB&B Burbank had stock. BB&B has a lot of stores in LA County, and anything they carry you can find on their Web site which stores have it in stock and which do not. I reserved one on-line and It was ready for pickup in 15 minutes.

Well, they may have been "lightly packed" on Friday - but they were just plain empty today - and so was everyone else. The parking structure (including for Macy's, Sears and others) was nearly vacant.

I suspect UPS and Fedex will be very busy next week.

That was my first stop. I also had to hit a couple of markets, because I discovered yesterday I was completely out of herbs, except parsley. The market parking lots were also nearly vacant, except, of course, Trader Joe's, where I was lucky enough to get a slot just vacated by a BMW.

The freeways were also nearly vacant - but there were still problems. The freeways around here are all undergoing extreme expansion and repaving - so half the on and off ramps I want to use are "temporarily closed - use detour" (which may be a mile or two away, if you can find it).

Such is life.
New Wrong type of store?
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/11/25/black-friday-posts-new-single-day-record-gun-checks-more-than-200-000/894706001/

The FBI was flooded Friday with more than 200,000 background check requests for gun purchases, setting a new single day record, the bureau reported Saturday.
     Morning Shopping. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
         Wrong type of store? - (scoenye)

Who moved my cheese? A narcotic direction to negotiate to the change in its work and its life.
53 ms