IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Seems to be a stampede: et tu Charlie Rose?
..just nominated for membership in the Groper Groupon.

(At Core: mustn't one recall and blame The Puritans yet again?) ..for ensuring that er, Both genders (all they ever conceived) would be rendered mental juveniles for the duration of their myth-determined liffs, thanks to legions of Robed-ones weekly assuring them that Pleasure==Evil and must be Paid-for. SO, Cheat.

Should there be survivors of the burgeoning multiple-clusterfucks of the many zeitgeists worldwide, will the New First Commandment be /however artfully worded:
no children may be taught religio-fantasies until their [locally set] age of Maturity /thence a passed-test of critical-thinking. Penalties as Draconian as required for the cohorts.

..OK maybe next century, via councils in the Caves.
New I came across an old college paper.
I'd written it somewhere near 30 years ago. It was a review of the book titled "Deschooling Society" by Ivan Illich for an education course I was taking. While a complete synopsis of the ideas in the book would take entirely too long, the thrust of the idea in the book is that individuals and not institutions should be in charge of the education of society.

In my conclusion I'd written that while Illich's ideas appeal to those of us who place a high value on learning, I remain convinced that the majority of individuals in society are interested in little more than having enough to eat and when they will next have sex. I see little evidence, particularly in the last few weeks, to suggest I might have been wrong about that all those years ago.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Ivan Illich?
That reminds me of an essay I wrote in my college Russian Lit class on The Death of Ivan Ilyich.

I hadn't yet learned (or at least taken to heart) that there were such things as unreliable narrators. ;-) Needless to say, my essay didn't get too high a grade (as I missed the main point of the story), but it wasn't horrible either.

Cheers,
Scott.
New I read that in Russian. Way back when my Russian was a whole lot better than it is now.
bcnu,
Mikem

New And down goes John Lasseter :-(
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-42070920
But the definition of "bad behavior" appears to be broadening significantly:
Current and former staff told The Hollywood Reporter that Mr Lasseter frequently gave unwanted hugs and invaded personal space.

That standard should open a few more floodgates...
Expand Edited by scoenye Nov. 21, 2017, 06:46:49 PM EST
New rather have a dick grabber around than a serial hugger,
you can reasonably kick the crap out a dick grabber.
When you tell a serial hugger to keep the fuck away, they look hurt and other people ask you not to be rude
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Shirley you mean pussy grabber ?
By that standard I have to out half my extended family.
New Americans can't tolerate any demonstration of affection.
We're all self-made, rugged individualists, donchaknow.
bcnu,
Mikem

Expand Edited by mmoffitt Nov. 22, 2017, 10:20:14 AM EST
New That'll do
     Seems to be a stampede: et tu Charlie Rose? - (Ashton) - (9)
         I came across an old college paper. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
             Ivan Illich? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 I read that in Russian. Way back when my Russian was a whole lot better than it is now. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         And down goes John Lasseter :-( - (scoenye) - (5)
             rather have a dick grabber around than a serial hugger, - (boxley) - (1)
                 Shirley you mean pussy grabber ? - (scoenye)
             Americans can't tolerate any demonstration of affection. - (mmoffitt)
             Thigh creeping is far more than hugs - (crazy) - (1)
                 That'll do -NT - (scoenye)

Then when the mother turned back around I stuck my tongue out at the kid again.
115 ms