IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New "City Rising"
A history of language (inscribed in property) Deeds aka: of the denigration of all non-Caucasians (in the mind of the deed author: perpetually.) And like that:

Program source .

Gentrification arrives with promises of revitalization but has also developed from a history of discriminatory laws and practices in the United States. City Rising illuminates this history and reveals how gentrification is traditionally molded and dictated by those in power.

Cities have been entrepreneurial about encouraging development, while regarding displacement as inevitable. Fast-rising home values have made property ownership more elusive than ever for those historically excluded. As housing prices rise, people of color who cherish their community and culture are mobilizing against unsustainable rents and other forces they see pushing neighbors into homelessness. Fearing the loss of their basic needs, these residents are part of a movement, not just in California, but across the nation as the rights to property, home, community and the city are consuming local and global debates.

City Rising is a one-hour broadcast special and multi-media project that analyzes six California communities undergoing gentrification: Boyle Heights and South Central in Los Angeles, Long Beach, Santa Ana, Oakland and the Oak Park neighborhood of Sacramento.

Funded by

New Re: "City Rising"
Thank you for this , Ashton. I was in Seattle recently and saw this phenomenon first-hand. From what I saw, the larger companies, Amazon, Microsoft, etc have acted as a catalyst for rising prices on almost everything, especially food and housing.

Your link led me to this site for overall data:

http://www.governing.com/gov-data/gentrification-in-cities-governing-report.html

and Seattle specifically:

http://www.governing.com/gov-data/seattle-gentrification-maps-demographic-data.html

Thanks again.
New Stumbled upon, on npr..
We now all get to ponder the DOWN-side of the toxic mixture of say, unanticipated consequences of willy-nilly Techno alterations of the (brains/minds? the many new-toys and their marketing, instant patents of the core-$$-making aspects of them all/but nary a thought to all these now emerging Side-effects.)

I'm just beyond the wall marking the sorta-West side of Kenwood 'village' and have been noting the Gentrification almost from the first, but accelerating ~ in time-span of the links above. There are more high-fences, emulating somewhat the 'Gated Compounds' now a Murican cliche and the giveaway: the little circular 'ADT' sign of worrying-about-Your Expensive stuff (presumaby for your duration, I guess.)

So por moi (unwilling to suck-up Three More Years of governing-Lunacy,) should Mueller et al FAIL to oust this cancerous growth/halt its dismantling of all semblance of a 'society'--as we see being ordered daily. I suppose I should count it a [+] that my location-location adjacent to a creek shall have acquired quite some inflation: if that isn't enough to fund a transplant North-wards
[to the New/next 'temperate zone'?] I may have to augment via marketing the Series:

Escape from the Alt-Right States of the dis-USA (the plot should write itself..)

I cannot imagine waiting.. waiting.. for THREE WHOLE YEARS of allowing this malevolent script to enact the childhood dreams of a demented cabal.
[Shogun] I could not live with that shame [/Shogun], y'know?

Luck to us all; Logic sure as hell won't have a Thing to do with whatever is about to occur, amidst this Great Dismantling.
     "City Rising" - (Ashton) - (2)
         Re: "City Rising" - (dmcarls) - (1)
             Stumbled upon, on npr.. - (Ashton)

Too late, some of us have already taken offense.
36 ms