IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Disagree
He's "groping" a flak jacket. Is she were a friend, or at least they had been friendly toward each other, it would have just been silly.

After something like she described it's rude and inappropriate, but nothing like assault. From what I can see he's not even touching the flak jacket.

The kiss is the problem.
--

Drew
New "if the action in the photo is an accurate reflection of events". HTH.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New I don't get your point
--

Drew
New Okay.
For all I know, she was in on the photo and pretending to be asleep.

Franken claims he doesn't remember jamming his tongue down her throat. Maybe that happened, maybe it didn't. Maybe this lesser known radio host was awed by the vastly better know Franken, maybe not. Maybe she was/is trying to make a name for herself, maybe she isn't. Maybe she's a tool of the Right in their unending whataboutery, maybe she isn't.

But if the photo accurately portrays what actually happened (she's a asleep, Franken *was* attracted to her), it makes it more likely that he did assault her during the rehearsal. Otherwise, notsomuch.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Got it
I think it's more likely that she was asleep and he was doing it as a joke. I don't think this photo proves anything, but rather how you interpret it depends on their prior context.

See 2:42 into this skit. If it were those two people in the picture they would both have found it funny. If Franken and Tweeden had a good relationship, and had just spent several weeks making bawdy jokes with each other on tour, this might be nothing.

The problem is that he seemed to think it was OK at the time, and now she's saying it wasn't. Has she changed her tune? Maybe. Did he mis-read their relationship? Looks that way. Did he really grope her during a "rehearsal"? That's the he said / she said that we'll never know for sure.
--

Drew
     Et tu, Al Franken? - (mmoffitt) - (15)
         I can cut him a teensy bit of slack at the "universal" scale.. - (Ashton) - (6)
             Understood. Clearly Franken is no Moore. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                 Disagree - (drook) - (4)
                     "if the action in the photo is an accurate reflection of events". HTH. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                         I don't get your point -NT - (drook) - (2)
                             Okay. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                 Got it - (drook)
         Supposedly the photo was staged. - (Another Scott) - (7)
             It was *obviously* staged - (drook) - (2)
                 He's just a minor idiot. - (static) - (1)
                     That's the part an investigation would look for - (drook)
             Snopes says the Twitter report is wrong. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                 OK: made up by a partisan. Still, who *needs* the actual photographer's affidavit? - (Ashton) - (2)
                     cmon Ash he was a jackoff for many years. Is he now? probably not. Stupid idea/picture -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                         Which is the exact point-made: about That pic: Duh. Mainly just another jokester-by-temperament. -NT - (Ashton)

You hijacked the conversation. You get to land it.
87 ms