Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Et tu, Al Franken?
I no longer have a favorite Senator. :0(
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New I can cut him a teensy bit of slack at the "universal" scale..
Growing up (or ..down) in this seething cauldron of Puritanical ownership of all your bodily functions--(and anything else ya wanna label SIN flies as poorly)
moves any pleasure-impulse down into the lowest brain: Instinct.

I daresay that a few of such impulses-acted-on after some EtOH lubrication: is in Every person's secret-bag; only is this allegation untrue for the true-Pecksniff. amiright?
Now were a bevy of fondled-folks next to appear-in-meeja? well then .. Lay On MacDuff
(Unless each alleger is another IOKIYAR, identifiable by past work of ad hominems-in-print.)

{{sigh}}

..so little truthiness in Murica/so Much bald-faced evangel-grade hubris within most of the daily-Lies.
New Understood. Clearly Franken is no Moore.
Perhaps its that I have female (and male) family members who have been assaulted that I'm a bit unforgiving here. That said, if the action in the photo is an accurate reflection of events, I do not believe it betrays an acceptance of "Puritanical ownership of all your bodily functions" to find the action in the photo of him feigning or actually fondling a women's breasts while she slept completely unacceptable.
bcnu,
Mikem

New Disagree
He's "groping" a flak jacket. Is she were a friend, or at least they had been friendly toward each other, it would have just been silly.

After something like she described it's rude and inappropriate, but nothing like assault. From what I can see he's not even touching the flak jacket.

The kiss is the problem.
--

Drew
New "if the action in the photo is an accurate reflection of events". HTH.
bcnu,
Mikem

New I don't get your point
--

Drew
New Okay.
For all I know, she was in on the photo and pretending to be asleep.

Franken claims he doesn't remember jamming his tongue down her throat. Maybe that happened, maybe it didn't. Maybe this lesser known radio host was awed by the vastly better know Franken, maybe not. Maybe she was/is trying to make a name for herself, maybe she isn't. Maybe she's a tool of the Right in their unending whataboutery, maybe she isn't.

But if the photo accurately portrays what actually happened (she's a asleep, Franken *was* attracted to her), it makes it more likely that he did assault her during the rehearsal. Otherwise, notsomuch.
bcnu,
Mikem

New Got it
I think it's more likely that she was asleep and he was doing it as a joke. I don't think this photo proves anything, but rather how you interpret it depends on their prior context.

See 2:42 into this skit. If it were those two people in the picture they would both have found it funny. If Franken and Tweeden had a good relationship, and had just spent several weeks making bawdy jokes with each other on tour, this might be nothing.

The problem is that he seemed to think it was OK at the time, and now she's saying it wasn't. Has she changed her tune? Maybe. Did he mis-read their relationship? Looks that way. Did he really grope her during a "rehearsal"? That's the he said / she said that we'll never know for sure.
--

Drew
New Supposedly the photo was staged.
https://mobile.twitter.com/AidenHagi/status/931195872431370240

What's bothered me about the picture from the beginning was - Who in their right mind would grin at a camera when doing that? Especially someone who was 55 at the time?!?

Was it staged? Dunno.

Is she some Trump supporter who is trying to change the subject? Dunno.

Was it altered, and if so, does the changes to the EXIF data prove it? Dunno.

But it looks very weird as proof of some sort of assault, to me. But life is strange sometimes...

(via Fair Economist at Balloon-Juice)

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
New It was *obviously* staged
He's miming the action and mugging for the camera. Whether she was awake and playing along or actually asleep, he wasn't actually touching her. The whole joke of the photo is that he would be groping a flak jacket.

The EXIF data is pretty interesting. That it was taken days before she said it was, that it was altered on the day he became a senator, and that it was on a CD that everyone on the tour had yet it doesn't come out until now, just makes it stink of smear job.
--

Drew
New He's just a minor idiot.
I am thinking his second biggest mistake was sharing the pic, taking second place to not knowing her well enough to know that she'd appreciate this part of his sense of humour. (I have known friends and couples who would stage the same sort of shot. And all concerned would appreciate the humour.)

Wade.
New That's the part an investigation would look for
Did she appreciate this part of his sense of humor back then, but changed her mind based on current political leanings?
--

Drew
New Snopes says the Twitter report is wrong.
https://www.snopes.com/photographer-said-franken-image-was-staged/

Misinformation is everywhere... :-/

Cheers,
Scott.
New OK: made up by a partisan. Still, who *needs* the actual photographer's affidavit?
given both the facial expression and the obvious fact that--at least the photog--and maybe several ..were the 'audience' for what could only be called: "A SKIT qed*
(unless we want to imagineer an audience of Drumpfs as the sole onlookers? Anyone gonna go there?)

And PS: by what deduction does the sleeping victim Know that she was, indeed "fondled" ... this ain't no fucking-video (so far as anyone knoze..)

{{sheesh}} with the robotic Yes/No Boolean, eh?
New cmon Ash he was a jackoff for many years. Is he now? probably not. Stupid idea/picture
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Which is the exact point-made: about That pic: Duh. Mainly just another jokester-by-temperament.
     Et tu, Al Franken? - (mmoffitt) - (15)
         I can cut him a teensy bit of slack at the "universal" scale.. - (Ashton) - (6)
             Understood. Clearly Franken is no Moore. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                 Disagree - (drook) - (4)
                     "if the action in the photo is an accurate reflection of events". HTH. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                         I don't get your point -NT - (drook) - (2)
                             Okay. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                 Got it - (drook)
         Supposedly the photo was staged. - (Another Scott) - (7)
             It was *obviously* staged - (drook) - (2)
                 He's just a minor idiot. - (static) - (1)
                     That's the part an investigation would look for - (drook)
             Snopes says the Twitter report is wrong. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                 OK: made up by a partisan. Still, who *needs* the actual photographer's affidavit? - (Ashton) - (2)
                     cmon Ash he was a jackoff for many years. Is he now? probably not. Stupid idea/picture -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                         Which is the exact point-made: about That pic: Duh. Mainly just another jokester-by-temperament. -NT - (Ashton)

Just playing with your LRPD addiction...
125 ms