City Arts & Lectures
Daniel Handler
Daniel Handler is the author of the novels The Basic Eight, Watch Your Mouth, Adverbs, and, with Maira Kalman, Why We Broke Up. As Lemony Snicket, he has written the best-selling series All The Wrong Questions as well as A Series of Unfortunate Events which was the basis of a feature film starring Jim Carrey and Meryl Streep, with Jude Law as Lemony Snicket. Netflix has produced an original series based on A Series of Unfortunate Events which premiered January 2017. Handlers newest novel, All The Dirty Parts, looks honestly at the erotic impulses of an all-too-typical young man. Cole is a boy in high school. He runs cross country, he sketches, he jokes around with friends. But none of this quite matters next to the allure of sex. Let me put it this way, he says. Draw a number line, with zero is you never think about sex and ten is, its all you think about, and while you are drawing the line, I am thinking about sex. All The Dirty Parts is an unblinking take on teenage desire in a culture of unrelenting explicitness and shunted communication, where sex feels like love, but no one knows what love feels like. With short chapters in the style of Jenny Offill or Mary Robison, Daniel Handler gives us a tender, brutal, funny, intoxicating portrait of an age when the lens of sex tilts the world. There are love stories galore, Cole tells us, This isnt that. The story Im typing is all the dirty parts.

(Same caveat, that finding re-plays is Not made easy by this org.) as-in:

Our past 33 seasons of programming have been digitally archived at the Bancroft Library at the University of California, Berkeley. Those wishing to hear the archived programs can make a personal visit to the library. A list of shows can be viewed on their website.

Such (often) decent presentations: under a Linda Hunt, apparently a Luddite re modrin Times, who has ignored my previous attempts to contact via in-house ""messaging"".
[Ed:PS] There's a list of stations showing this.

Were you ever a teen-ager or are currently shepherding one or more: you will find much Interesting material, esp. in the colloquy/author + host; whether his book is one you'd hand to Your charge -?- is clearly an individual-matching, but I can't think of any mindful, curious healthy young'un who would sneer at the content (as described, probed and elaborated upon, verbally.)

Carrion..
(That's about the Murican Puritan-fucked 'training' enhanced by the legions of exploiters, meeja and other appurtenances of a Sick-vulture-culture).
Not about the above. Which is pretty Nice ..ever to be able to Say.)
And just Now: Y.A.N. nutter-in-Texas going BANG BANG with his gun-blued penis :-) :-)
melt down *ALL* the fucking boom-sticks, then each ex-owner can become a perpetual recovering-addict
... like all the Others we spawn here.