IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Indeed not, and even more oddly
The machine (purchased from an intermediary who apparently has lots of these units to sell) was advertised as “loaded with software,” and so it was, with the Mudbrick suite, with the collection of programs formerly known as “iWork,” with the Redmond suite that iWork approximates, with Final Cut Pro (which fell off the mountain and died in the system upgrade to High Sierra) and scads of games I’m unlikely to visit. I’m still incrementally restoring the functionality of my retired iMacs (have to disable a few registrations thereupon), but so far Big Cheese and I, however dodgy its provenance may have been, are getting along swimmingly.

cordially,
New iWork is now free, anyway.
(April 18, 2017) MacRumors:
Apple today updated several of its Mac and iOS apps, making them available for all Mac and iOS users for free.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     Big Cheese is settling in, but… - (rcareaga) - (14)
         Update to macOS High Sierra yet? - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             At the moment, running El Cap - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 High Serra updates boot SSD to APFS w/o asking. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         iMacs are all-in-one, towers expect to have peripherals - (drook)
         Preparing to install “High Sierra” - (rcareaga) - (4)
             Backups are good. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 So far, so good - (rcareaga)
             a little turbulence at these altitudes - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 FireWire issue resolved in part - (rcareaga)
         It’s the damnedest thing… - (rcareaga) - (4)
             Huh, wha? - (CRConrad) - (3)
                 Neither the Mini nor the G4 I bought off eBay had been scrubbed -NT - (pwhysall)
                 Indeed not, and even more oddly - (rcareaga) - (1)
                     iWork is now free, anyway. - (a6l6e6x)

Phrasers on STUN er SHUN!
42 ms