IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Didn't hear it. But, was aware of the scam.
HuffPo: Boeing 2013 tax, but actually a refund!
Boeing reported an $82 million tax refund last year, but made $5.9 billion in U.S. pre-tax profits during the same period, the analysis of the company’s recent government filings found. That means Boeing paid a federal tax rate of -1.4 percent. At the same time, the company won 4.4 percent of all federal contracts last year, according to the report.

“Companies that live by the taxpayer purse should be contributing to the welfare of the states and paying their taxes,” said Scott Klinger, the author of the report. “The fact that we have major federal contractors that are consistently not doing that should raise questions for our legislators about how this could be.”

The company has a history of using loopholes to lower its tax bill, according to Matt Gardner, the executive director of the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy. The report found that Boeing paid a tax rate of -0.4 percent over the past five years.

“The fact that Boeing paid no income tax this year is not at all surprising because they have a very reliable track record of paying little or nothing in federal and income state tax,” Gardner said.
My emphasis.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New You still can if you want to:
http://www.npr.org/podcasts/510289/planet-money

Audio player controls on the upper right of the page.
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
New Thanks!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     Planet Money; a Radio Special on npr - (Ashton) - (3)
         Didn't hear it. But, was aware of the scam. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             You still can if you want to: - (CRConrad) - (1)
                 Thanks! -NT - (a6l6e6x)

When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend.
65 ms