IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Don't get too excited.
This will fizzle out, and Trump will be triumphant in the mid-terms and in 2020.

America* has decided that it is a conservative, capitalist, religious country.

1st and 2nd amendment rights will be maintained, because they don't actually help keep the government out of your life, and defending those rights is a very good look indeed.

The rest of the list? Not so much. Keep a close eye on 4 through 6; those are incredibly inconvenient to the government.

This makes me sad, tbh. Such a great country with some great people - but hoo boy, do you ever systematically populate your polity with full-fat, weapons-grade, ocean-going, chiselling, grasping, vindictive arseholes.

Yeah, we've got our grasping tossers, and our lying dishonest shits, and our common-or-garden bastards over here too, but I honestly don't believe we've got, in either the Commons or the Lords, anyone as flat-out evil as Ryan and McConnell. And Theresa May could well be the worst Prime Minister in living memory, but she's a veritable paragon of statesmanship compared to your gaffer.

*I know about the popular vote. It doesn't matter. The boundaries will be redrawn to ensure that it takes a crushing Democrat victory to move the needle. And the Democrats are in all sorts of internal trouble. It's like watching the Labour Party here in the UK. Splitters!
New I hope you're wrong about Drumpf and Co, but I think you might be correct.
But we started this country with a large helping of lunatics (read: those polite society in England could no longer tolerate), so our standing today shouldn't surprise anyone.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New I shall prey for <i>Pixie-grease</i>,
that which slathers over the tiny, perpetually-grasping, incessantly-Evil-doing palms of [the Usual vicious suspects.] Maddened-further by an inability to Steal Everything in/or out-of Sight, blinded by hubris and tiny-thoughts: these folk shall make-mistreaks, Findable ones as impeach their any-imaginable qualifications to next occupy: any station beyond a Cell-door.

Methinks that The Mueller holds-in-brain and hopefully Hands: most-all the Tools to-hand, seems qualified to use these —> Al Punte and.. shall make no grievous—of unravelling Class—errors in his Operating Plan-of-timely-actions. I Have to think this as, the entire governance and ALL its uncountable Rulez-of-behavior are now near that Terminal-state which precedes the cacophony and ineffectiveness of Rank Rebellion: as beckons towards —> The Chaos of mob-idiocy + malevolent ad hominem driving forces, about which all of us have an internal-picture, honed by countless Dystopian plots (which we thought were .. merely for our amusement?)

Clearly the massively-corrupt Levers-of-Power within this early-on, Puritan-infected collection of the Sons of Slavers: have rarely been seen to function at the level of perspicuity of the Founding Mothers' wet-dream of a Free and Just! "society" ..and all possessed of functioning minds: Do see the odds against that sort of Singularity arising within this suppurating 2017 environment.
Prey for Maxwell's Demon to appear, then..

Semper Tyrannus, Y’All..
New Apropos of not much, really ...
It occurs to me I've never seen anything in the Constitution or otherwise that says a president shall be removed from office if incarcerated for a federal crime. Is it in fact a legal possibility that we could have a sitting president incarcerated and running the country from behind bars?
--

Drew
New The president pretty much has to be impeached, tried, and removed from office first.
NY Times: A Constitutional Puzzle: Can the President Be Indicted?
But would the Constitution allow Mr. Mueller to indict Mr. Trump if he finds evidence of criminal conduct?

The prevailing view among most legal experts is no. They say the president is immune from prosecution so long as he is in office.

“The framers implicitly immunized a sitting president from ordinary criminal prosecution,” said Akhil Reed Amar, a law professor at Yale.

Note the word “implicitly.” Professor Amar acknowledged that the text of the Constitution did not directly answer the question. “It has to be,” he said, “a structural inference about the uniqueness of the president himself.”

The closest the Constitution comes to addressing the issue is in this passage, from Article I, Section 3: “Judgment in cases of impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any office of honor, trust or profit under the United States: but the party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to indictment, trial, judgment and punishment, according to law.”

This much seems clear: The president and other federal officials may be prosecuted after they leave office, and there is no double jeopardy protection from prosecution if they are removed following impeachment.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Donnie's minions aren't doing too well so far.
Special elections have swung 20 points or so. His Nazi supporters have been outnumbered 2:1. And now the indictments are starting.

Trump is a brain damaged monster and he's not winning.

The elections in Virginia and New Jersey should indicate the weakness of Trumpism. Even Jones (the Democrat in Alabama against Moore) is doing well.

Don't give up on us just yet...

Cheers,
Scott.
New dont hold yer breath in Alabama
local election negative ads down here are how (insert candidate here) doesnt support trump
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
     "It's Mueller Time!" - (Another Scott) - (11)
         Lock them up! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         snick.. Fizz... ... ... ... POP(ped!!) - (Ashton)
         Holy Crap. That's Brilliant! -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Hmm. Campaign Manager indicted. - (mmoffitt)
         Don't get too excited. - (pwhysall) - (6)
             I hope you're wrong about Drumpf and Co, but I think you might be correct. - (mmoffitt)
             I shall prey for <i>Pixie-grease</i>, - (Ashton) - (2)
                 Apropos of not much, really ... - (drook) - (1)
                     The president pretty much has to be impeached, tried, and removed from office first. - (a6l6e6x)
             Donnie's minions aren't doing too well so far. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 dont hold yer breath in Alabama - (boxley)

She's like a little piece of shrapnel inextricably lodged in the body politic.
93 ms