ie. KIssinger's conjecture, Men-in Armanis becoming--way Too-often--as dethpicable as the Orange Man-boy-LIar-in-Chief, I submit this note caught en passant at, er CNN:

Jim Duggan 2 days ago

I think she wrote that it's possible a young woman suffers to grow thin to please older, powerful men, who in turn harass her, thereby making her miserable. Anyway, this is as good a time and place to reconsider Kissinger's axiom: "power is the ultimate aphrodisiac." I think we accept that there are powerful men who use their positions to harass young men and women, but for Kissinger's axiom to be true then either there are powerful women who use their power to exploit young men and women [there may be an Eddie Murphy movie on that theme], or that 'aphrodisiac' should be interpreted to mean a a love potion that works only for men.
The point seems to be that there are disadvantages to being attractive. so if you have a choice you should intelligently consider before deciding to become attractive.
A subordinate idea that appears occasionally in literature is the idea of self-uglification.

Carrion

Sometimes it's the base-er motives within the species which do the most Lasting harm to many who are forced to deal with Other man-babies than ..Not (as in: Not-having-a job next, if you do not cooperate in the extortion.)