IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New My wife has one and likes it!
It's a Fagor 1800 Watt unit. It's neat to heat up the pot and not much else. We got it when we lived in Charlotte and didn't have a gas appliances. But, now that we has gas stove/oven she does not use it as much, but wouldn't part with it. Induction heating sure beats the glass top electric stoves!

She said the only problem with them that she's heard about is that people buy units that don't have sufficient wattage and have to wait forever to get things cooked.

She won a Fagor cookware set at a Good Sam camping event so she was ready in that way. The pots themselves can be heated all other ways just as well.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Answering my own question above
http://powersaving.co.za/appliance-tests/kitchen-appliances/induction-hob-test/

In that test, at least, the induction is a third more efficient, so it will heat the contents faster at the same wattage.

The one I used must have been under-powered.
--

Drew
     Hey Drew/Gryg, you got an opinion on induction cooktops? - (crazy) - (19)
         Induction cooktops? - (Andrew Grygus)
         if it aint gas it aint shit -NT - (boxley) - (11)
             Gas reacts faster, but electric can get way hotter - (drook) - (10)
                 We need to remodel our kitchen - (Another Scott) - (7)
                     We now have a new kitchen. It wasn't planned... - (hnick) - (1)
                         Ouch. - (Another Scott)
                     Crappy old appliances are crappy (and old) - (drook) - (4)
                         Interesting. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             We have a Jenn-Air ceramic - (malraux)
                         Some old stoves may be crappy . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                             Very nice. Ours seems to be a 1963 "builder's special" GE. - (Another Scott)
                 with gas I can see what the heat output is, on an electric I have to guess -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                     Ha! ..agreement (but I ain't no Chef-grade end-user.) - (Ashton)
         I used an induction hotplate once - (drook) - (3)
             Wiki says you can melt metal in an induction furnace. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                 Yeah, I wonder how heating matches up to power use -NT - (drook) - (1)
                     Where I grew up, lights in the whole village flickered when they started up the steel works oven. -NT - (CRConrad)
         My wife has one and likes it! - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Answering my own question above - (drook)

I think I'll go for a walk.
55 ms