IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New We now have a new kitchen. It wasn't planned...
About 3 months ago, we had a major electrical fault: the neutral wire coming into the house burnt out or disconnected for some reason. Long story short: it started a fire, but the arcing punctured a hot water feed for the dishwasher and put out the fires started by the arcing. Refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, all the televisions in the house, and a lot of wiring burnt out. We now have all new Whirlpool appliances in the kitchen including a stove, refrigerator, microwave, and dishwasher. I haven't gotten to use the stove much because all my cooking equipment is still in the garage in boxes. The oven is rather nice; much better than my older electric stove. The stovetop heats up more quickly than the older models, but I don't know yet how long it takes to cool down. Seems usable anyway.
"Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
New Ouch.
Reminds me of the gas light at my dad's house getting hit by lightning. It did all kinds of damage inside the house (ice maker caught on fire, blew up a bunch of TVs, etc.), but yours was much worse.

I hope insurance took care of much of the cost, and that you enjoy your new kitchen after all that!

Cheers,
Scott.
     Hey Drew/Gryg, you got an opinion on induction cooktops? - (crazy) - (19)
         Induction cooktops? - (Andrew Grygus)
         if it aint gas it aint shit -NT - (boxley) - (11)
             Gas reacts faster, but electric can get way hotter - (drook) - (10)
                 We need to remodel our kitchen - (Another Scott) - (7)
                     We now have a new kitchen. It wasn't planned... - (hnick) - (1)
                         Ouch. - (Another Scott)
                     Crappy old appliances are crappy (and old) - (drook) - (4)
                         Interesting. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             We have a Jenn-Air ceramic - (malraux)
                         Some old stoves may be crappy . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                             Very nice. Ours seems to be a 1963 "builder's special" GE. - (Another Scott)
                 with gas I can see what the heat output is, on an electric I have to guess -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                     Ha! ..agreement (but I ain't no Chef-grade end-user.) - (Ashton)
         I used an induction hotplate once - (drook) - (3)
             Wiki says you can melt metal in an induction furnace. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                 Yeah, I wonder how heating matches up to power use -NT - (drook) - (1)
                     Where I grew up, lights in the whole village flickered when they started up the steel works oven. -NT - (CRConrad)
         My wife has one and likes it! - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Answering my own question above - (drook)

Actually validated for HTML 4.01 Transitional compliance.
108 ms