IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I used an induction hotplate once
It seemed to be much less hot than my electric stovetop at home. It could have been a lower range version; I've never researched how hot they can theoretically get.
--

Drew
New Wiki says you can melt metal in an induction furnace.
Induction furnace
An Induction Furnace is an electrical furnace in which the heat is applied by induction heating of metal. Induction furnace capacities range from less than one kilogram to one hundred tonnes capacity and are used to melt iron and steel, copper, aluminium and precious metals.
Yes, there's a difference between a furnace and a stove top! :) But, it's that reversing magnetic field that gets those atoms excited. In case of the furnace the metal has to a conductor of electricity and have the eddy currents give the metal magnetic properties. And naturally, electrical resistance to the currents play a role in generating heat as well.

You probably did use low wattage unit.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Yeah, I wonder how heating matches up to power use
--

Drew
New Where I grew up, lights in the whole village flickered when they started up the steel works oven.
     Hey Drew/Gryg, you got an opinion on induction cooktops? - (crazy) - (19)
         Induction cooktops? - (Andrew Grygus)
         if it aint gas it aint shit -NT - (boxley) - (11)
             Gas reacts faster, but electric can get way hotter - (drook) - (10)
                 We need to remodel our kitchen - (Another Scott) - (7)
                     We now have a new kitchen. It wasn't planned... - (hnick) - (1)
                         Ouch. - (Another Scott)
                     Crappy old appliances are crappy (and old) - (drook) - (4)
                         Interesting. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             We have a Jenn-Air ceramic - (malraux)
                         Some old stoves may be crappy . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                             Very nice. Ours seems to be a 1963 "builder's special" GE. - (Another Scott)
                 with gas I can see what the heat output is, on an electric I have to guess -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                     Ha! ..agreement (but I ain't no Chef-grade end-user.) - (Ashton)
         I used an induction hotplate once - (drook) - (3)
             Wiki says you can melt metal in an induction furnace. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                 Yeah, I wonder how heating matches up to power use -NT - (drook) - (1)
                     Where I grew up, lights in the whole village flickered when they started up the steel works oven. -NT - (CRConrad)
         My wife has one and likes it! - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Answering my own question above - (drook)

Where's web cam sex show Barbie?
161 ms