1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Never trust the Generals.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New It's tough to handle shit with bare hands and not get sullied.
POS Trump corrupts everyone that works for him.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Kelly was a monster at DHS.
http://www.latina.com/lifestyle/our-issues/john-kelly-ice-officials-criminalize-immigrants

Only a monster would take a political appointment under Trump.

Cheers,
Scott.
New let me find you a fainting couch,
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Despicable and deplorable as usual.
New Was seeking a suitable epitaph for that sullen response; this'll do :-)
New thank you sylvester your point was noted
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Another article that shows he's always been an arsehole:
Like:
According to Kelly’s speech, the United States has never gone to war “to build empires, or enslave peoples, but to free those held in the grip of tyrants. … The only territory we as a people have ever asked for from any nation we have fought alongside, or against, since our founding, the entire extent of our overseas empire, are a few hundred acres of land for the 24 American cemeteries scattered around the globe.”

Apparently Kelly never walked by any of the Pentagon’s Comanche, Chinook, Cheyenne, Kiowa, or Lakota helicopters and wondered, Hey, who are these things named after?
From: https://theintercept.com/2017/10/21/it-didnt-just-start-now-john-kelly-has-always-been-a-hard-right-bully/
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
New And don't we have a few bases?
They're not technically our territory, but we get to station troops and weapons there, so close enough.
--

Drew
New Also the bit about how America has never fought an unjust war or war of aggression.
Twitter was full of wars against Spain, Mexico, the Philippines...
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
New Methinks that.. Alex's Sig:
is the most concise explanation for ... a couple Centuries of Murican self-delusions of the scale (of all that "Exceptional Nation" cha. cha. cha.) The Drumpf Mind-fuck is merely the most crass/most-delusional concentration of all those elements of Our-variant of Vulture-capitalism, exemplified perfectly by the perpetually-near-bankruptcy status of the "biznessman/boy" Solipsist-in-Chief of This mizzuble jour.

But this-all IS NOT NEW; previously anyone Saying such iconoclastic things was simply neutered by the oer'weening [La.. La.. La.. I.Can't.Hear.You!] ... as in (maybe H. L. Mencken's? original or plagiarized) summary from an earlier dictionary:

Patriotism: The last refuge of a scoundrel.

tl;dr delusional R'Us 24/7
New Patriotism
In Dr. Johnson's famous dictionary patriotism is defined as the last resort of a scoundrel. With all due respect to an enlightened but inferior lexicographer I beg to submit that it is the first. - Ambrose Bierce
New The Word. Gracias.
     Never trust the Generals. - (mmoffitt) - (12)
         It's tough to handle shit with bare hands and not get sullied. - (a6l6e6x) - (11)
             Kelly was a monster at DHS. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                 let me find you a fainting couch, -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                     Despicable and deplorable as usual. -NT - (CRConrad) - (2)
                         Was seeking a suitable epitaph for that sullen response; this'll do :-) -NT - (Ashton)
                         thank you sylvester your point was noted -NT - (boxley)
             Another article that shows he's always been an arsehole: - (CRConrad) - (5)
                 And don't we have a few bases? - (drook) - (4)
                     Also the bit about how America has never fought an unjust war or war of aggression. - (CRConrad) - (3)
                         Methinks that.. Alex's Sig: - (Ashton) - (2)
                             Patriotism - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                 The Word. Gracias. -NT - (Ashton)

It didn’t ruin my childhood, but it did aggressively strip-mine several shallow deposits of nostalgia.
65 ms