IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Neat. Let us know how it goes, weight-wise.
I never could get used to trying to actually do things or read on an iPad or Android tablet because, while it was light for a "computer", it was too heavy compared to a book or magazine. And cutting and pasting on tablets is a pain (or a horror (as it was on the iPad v1)). :-/

I understand the SP is a touch laptop with a detachable keyboard - just wondering if it's light enough to use in bed or drag around with you on recreational jaunts, etc.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Yeah, the weight is a thing, I suppose.
For the more twiglet-wristed, that is :D

It weighs 770 grammes. That's what? A pound and a bit? Sure, you wouldn't want to hold it at arm's length, but it's perfectly handleable. Which is totally a word, so shut up.

The built-in stand makes life a lot easier, especially when you're just gawping at media. One thing I didn't mention is that the pen is magnetic, and sticks to the side of the Surface very neatly.

iPad Pros are a thing at work now, and every single user has to faff about (a) charging and (b) storing their Pencils. There's an AAAA battery in the Surface pen, and it allegedly lasts for a year.
New I've never seen AAAA ... that's tiny
--

Drew
New Re: I've never seen AAAA ... that's tiny
Yep, I took it out to have a look. Teensy tiny indeed.
New Yep. Tiny.
And not at all difficult to get, I discovered. Local big-box hardware store (Bunnings, if you're curious) has them.

Wade.
New Pretty much exactly a pound and a half.
Rounding the pound to 500g, as is my wont(*), and your thingamabob to 750.

(*) And that of German salespeople.
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
New The Pencil charging method is one of the dumber things they've done in a while.
If you could snap it to the end magnetically and have that engage charging, that would be sweet.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
     New toy: Surface Pro - (pwhysall) - (9)
         Neat. Let us know how it goes, weight-wise. - (Another Scott) - (6)
             Yeah, the weight is a thing, I suppose. - (pwhysall) - (5)
                 I've never seen AAAA ... that's tiny -NT - (drook) - (2)
                     Re: I've never seen AAAA ... that's tiny - (pwhysall)
                     Yep. Tiny. - (static)
                 Pretty much exactly a pound and a half. - (CRConrad)
                 The Pencil charging method is one of the dumber things they've done in a while. - (malraux)
         I love my Pro 3. - (static)
         Casual gaming confirmed - (pwhysall)

I wanted to request installing a suggestion box at work, but I had no way of doing it.
57 ms