IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Haaretz's attitude-inventory of The Mark (Zuckerberg, natch)
Here.

To wit:

Opinion Mark Zuckerberg’s Carefully Curated Jewish Conscience Is Both Shallow and Evasive

Mark Zuckerberg's bland Jewish allusions don’t substitute for taking a real moral stand on Facebook's raw power to channel incitement, hate and electoral espionage

The richest Jew in the world gave us all a fresh take on teshuva, or repentance, this Yom Kippur. "For those I hurt this year, I ask forgiveness and I will try to be better," wrote Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg. "For the ways my work was used to divide people rather than bring us together, I ask forgiveness and I will work to do better."
This was the most public act of teshuva in history (after all, Zuckerberg has nearly 100 million Facebook followers) - but also a very incomplete one.

Teshuva has four stages: leaving sin, regret, confession and committing to change. Since Zuckerberg has chosen to make us all part of his teshuva, perhaps he could elaborate on what sins he was exactly confessing to when wrote that he hurt people this year, and how he believes his work "was used to divide people."
And more crucially, seeing that he is in charge of the most powerful media ecosystem in history, how does he plan make things better in 5778?

Still only 33, Zuckerberg, his life and motives, has already been subjected to the sort of scrutiny usually reserved for heads of state. Profiles, biographies, a full-length feature documentary, and more. And of course there have been those obsessed with his Jewishness and spiritual trajectory. Google "Mark Zuckerberg" and "Jewish" and you will find everything from dissections of his romantic choices and philanthropic history from a Jewish perspective, to feverish conspiracies of how Facebook is a Jewish plot to brainwash the entire planet.

[IMhO the guy is Too. Fucking. Young.. to make pretenses --> Gravitas (never mind soiling the word, wisdom. But Them's the breaks within a $$$-Insane kultur like This One.]
At least I'll advance a small-Trust: he's unlikely to become a lot like The Drumpf, for all simplistic Reasons, starting with: he just could not harbor the Massiveness of The Maleficent mix of o'erweening Narcissism, Greed and clear-mental-derangement of the Psychopath-in-Chief.

I aver that, ya Can't get two-Such birthed in The Same Century! But. I. Could. Be. Rong.
Expand Edited by Ashton Oct. 8, 2017, 10:21:28 PM EDT
New Tonight, "60 Minutes" had segemtent of Facebook imbeds in Trump's digital campaign.
Facebook had very finely targeted ad campaign at low cost. The digital campaign director claims it won the election and is already working on 2020.

Zuckerberg has mush to atone for!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Yes, this just may expand exponentially
but we have no Statesmen. Imagine Mitch + cohorts with brains actually engaged (??) ..if you can.
     Haaretz's attitude-inventory of The Mark (Zuckerberg, natch) - (Ashton) - (2)
         Tonight, "60 Minutes" had segemtent of Facebook imbeds in Trump's digital campaign. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Yes, this just may expand exponentially - (Ashton)

Why do you ask me? You know I cannot do this thing anymore with the bugs.
74 ms