IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New A book for Andrew.
NY Times: Using Science and History to Unlock the Secrets of Bread
The new book — stretching over 2,000 pages, with step-by-step images and a hefty list price of $625 — chronicles the history and science of bread-making in depth (“Baking is applied microbiology,” one chapter begins), breaking frequently for meticulous, textbook-style tangents on flour and fermentation. Its recipes require a commitment to close reading, and to flipping back through the books for deeper explanations. But each has useful variations that work with many kinds of mixing and cooking methods, for both professional and home kitchens.
At $625 for the book, I'll stick with my bread machine recipes.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New But, but . . .
. . I only bake a loaf of bread once every 5 years or so . . and it comes out fine.

I didn't buy his original book either, and I don't intend to - I'm out of shelf space.
New $625? thats a lot of bread man
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New I guess some people need that kind of hobby.
I'm happy with my bread machine bread. I think I can almost prepare it half-asleep. It's a pretty reliable recipe now and pretty forgiving with small quantity variations of the major ingredients.

Wade.
     A book for Andrew. - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
         But, but . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         $625? thats a lot of bread man -NT - (boxley)
         I guess some people need that kind of hobby. - (static)

I never want to see that line out of context.
62 ms