IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New There's an underserved niche in the tutorial market
I understand basic programming concepts, don't need that. Just need a quick-and-dirty on this new IDE. Something between "... for Dummies" and an exhaustive (and exhausting) Man page.

I'm about two days into iOS development and I think I can whip up a Hello World with basic DB access. The syntax is new-ish, the conventions are a bit different, but the overwhelming sense I get is that this isn't all that different from what I was doing 15 years ago when it was my main gig.

I imagine I'll get quicker with the IDE, debugging is probably better than what I used to do. (print FTW!) Feh, I'm sure people who use this stuff in anger on a daily basis could show me massive productivity gains. I'm just disappointed that after all this time there's still so much boilerplate.

And get off my lawn.
--

Drew
New Definitely.
I've also encountered this problem numerous times over the years. Android development needs it, too.

Also needs a "how to think in this language" type of tutorial. That was the main thing I wish I had when I first learnt Java. It's what I'm going to be after when I shift to Node.js in a month or so.

Wade.
     There's an underserved niche in the tutorial market - (drook) - (1)
         Definitely. - (static)