IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Most revolutionary car ever made?
Weeell.. Eeu-Tube let the title stand..

So anyway, THIS Citroën DS == Desirée Speciale is a few years later than my last/ '68 (and mine was the Pallas model aka fanciest one-would-say Lush interior model)
though its dash wasn't as über-sport looking as in the demo car.

Mainly this video demonstrates some of the equally-nonpareil construction techniques and materials ... many present in the '55 first models.
And as the guy avers: that "rotten orange" brake pedal, pressure-sensistive not down-ward distance controlled brake Non-pedal:
gave as near-to the delicate brake-control of motorcycle hand-controlled ditto ..as any auto-types I'm aware of. It's just throttling sys hyd. Px via a valve..

SImply, for several iterations of this artwork, The Car de Moi ..had Cuth.
And had not the Murican public so disdained the annual hydraulic reservoir's fluid change (and its its simple nylon filter wash in alcohol) .. the US franchise might have
stayed around indefinitely (they gave up in ~ '72, deeming the Muricans incorrigible in their sloppy maintenance habits.) No profit cleaning up after these sloths.

..I'd be driving one of these now. Oh well; I couldn't take it to one of the caves in 2030 or so (not to mention also not being around either :-)

Vroooom-in-luxus RIP {sigh}

PS: *THIS* was a Successful hydraulically shifted xmission--unlike the ongoing 2011+ Fooord Fiesta Fiasco's attempt at "splicing"/somehow:
two 3-speed boxes into a 6-speed.
(This is a really shitty car to drive. even when its regular failures of the multiple-clutch system DOESN'T leave you wondering if it will accelerate *NOW* to miss something or other..
New loved those cars
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Well in that case
I'll let you live

;^>
New As far as that goes, yes.
Citreon were certainly pioneers.

But the DS was not the only revolutionary car. Everyone knows about the Model T: it was revolutionary, too, not for the technology but for how it upset the car market.

However, another revolutionary car might have been the original Austin 7. This was the reportedly the first mass-market car with the current control layout. It was not only a great success on its own, but it was licensed by a number of other makers, too, which probably helped cement the layout as standard.

Wade.
New OK.. last pair: stumbled-upon after Y-tube inserted link (after unrelated-Other.) The fuels..
Ici!

Graphic illustration from '54-->2018 of Citroën's perpetually-Superior suspension in Action + a whole lot of Extra French-mastery of vehicular calisthenics..
(with qed pix of all the Looosers on that slalom + rickety road)

Comparo re innovation w/ Tesla S [!!]

Were I rich, I could import an '18 model sans any help from the nonexistent Cit-USA du THIS jour.
And maybe I would* ...

But after all, it's just A Car in a mad-Mad-MAAD oft stupid-fucking outta-control- World, right?

* Nahhh ... save more cats from human-depravity == wins.
Expand Edited by Ashton Oct. 1, 2017, 11:21:02 PM EDT
New OK {{ last was penultimate-one}} This review, from Oz is re The New Citroëns
EEuw-Tube just loves to spike the menu via previous hits..

Anyway, here's John Cadogan's take re All the other imports to Oz.

Jeez, were I rich.. Screw the ho-hum Ferraris, Veyrons and other Catnip-for-the obscenely-rich-and-Flaunting cabals.

No more Citroën stuff through '18. :-^>
     Most revolutionary car ever made? - (Ashton) - (5)
         loved those cars -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             Well in that case - (Ashton)
         As far as that goes, yes. - (static)
         OK.. last pair: stumbled-upon after Y-tube inserted link (after unrelated-Other.) The fuels.. - (Ashton)
         OK {{ last was penultimate-one}} This review, from Oz is re The New Citroëns - (Ashton)

Ph34r the triple-recursive meta-LRPD.
96 ms