IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Yeahbut...
The real "thin" bullshit is that applied to the iMac.

A desktop computer.

It was already too thin. It could be made fully serviceable from the back by making it 25mm or so thicker and getting rid of that dumb-ass taper, and no-one would care. It would not impact its usability or aesthetics in any negative way. You wouldn't even know, when you were sat in front of it.
New Boy, you don't understand Mac users
It's not what it looks like to me when I'm sitting in front of it. It's what I look like to everyone else when they're looking at me using it.
--

Drew
New Such cynicism in one so...
...oh, wait :)
     New Pixel phones on October 4. - (Another Scott) - (47)
         I've seen some amusing butthurt from Fandroids about the TRRS jack - (malraux) - (46)
             I have a different theory - (pwhysall) - (45)
                 The Essential apparently has a solution to this problem. - (Another Scott) - (31)
                     This "thinness über alles!" meme that's infected every IT hardware designer's brain is such utter BS - (CRConrad) - (14)
                         Yeahbut... - (Another Scott) - (5)
                             But, a sharp-edged 1.83kg laptop vs a 2.02 kg rounder one is a wash... Or a win for the heavier one. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                 Heh. - (pwhysall)
                             Re: Yeahbut... - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                 Boy, you don't understand Mac users - (drook) - (1)
                                     Such cynicism in one so... - (pwhysall)
                         I beat you to that one (IOW Yes, that exactly) - (drook) - (7)
                             Yeah, but I *thought* of it long before that. -NT - (CRConrad) - (6)
                                 Did you think of it before smartphones? - (drook) - (5)
                                     Razr? - (malraux) - (3)
                                         J loved her StarTac flip phone. - (Another Scott)
                                         Yup, Razr - (drook)
                                         I had a keychain phone - (crazy)
                                     Motorola RAZR, 2003. - (pwhysall)
                     Re: The Essential apparently has a solution to this problem. - (pwhysall)
                     Geez, I just noticed this - (drook) - (14)
                         Heh. - (Another Scott) - (13)
                             Too true! - (drook) - (12)
                                 Evolution didn't "design" the headphone jack... - (Another Scott) - (11)
                                     Apple patent blocked Magsafe-like connectors for years - (drook)
                                     *Good* reasons? Do tell. -NT - (pwhysall) - (8)
                                         Heh. You know the reasons. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                                             No, I don't. - (pwhysall) - (6)
                                                 Licensing aside, something like Magsafe - (drook) - (2)
                                                     Yeah, but that's not a thing, is it? - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                         You said "better", not "available" - (drook)
                                                 We won't be using 3.5 mm jacks in 50 years. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                     Micro-USB is a bad comparison - (drook) - (1)
                                                         Everything in that post is a bad comparison - (pwhysall)
                                     Will second the snark re phrase, "good reasons" ;^> - (Ashton)
                 Waterproofing would have made the jack even bigger. - (malraux) - (12)
                     You must not run - (drook) - (11)
                         Nope. - (malraux) - (7)
                             Just to make sure I understand ... - (drook) - (3)
                                 No. - (malraux) - (2)
                                     Recommendation != opinion - (drook) - (1)
                                         In my opinion, the dongle should suffice. - (malraux)
                             Reviews indicate it's a piece of crap. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                 That's another matter for sure. - (malraux)
                                 (Un-believably?) that's an Apple Inc. blog and.. - (Ashton)
                         Here ya go. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                             That's called the "Somali Hands-free" in Finland, if you do it with a phone in stead. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                 Indeed! Breathing is good. -NT - (Another Scott)

A free PhD thesis anytime someone wants to start 'measuring'.
216 ms