IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You must not run
I absolutely don't want wireless headphones when I'm running. They're heavier, and I already have trouble with them falling out.

The thing I'll keep going back to on this is how they can't fit it in a thin phone without giving up battery life. Hey guys! Try making the fucking thing a little thicker!
--

Drew
New Nope.
Why would I want to do that?

Besides, just use the damn dongle. I'm not sure why it's so offensive.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Just to make sure I understand ...
You don't run, and you don't listen to music (or anything else, apparently) from your phone. So people who do run, or take the train, or use headphones while eating lunch, or the thousand other use cases where people use headphones with their phones, should just suck it up and use the thing that's convenient for you? ;-)
--

Drew
New No.
100% this is my own experience. I'm just stating that *I* don't care. YMMV. My comments sprang mainly from a conversation I had on Google+ where a rabid TRSSer was challenging people to name ONE thing that was made better with a jack, so I responded essentially that it was a zero net change for me as far as I was concerned, but if it gave the manufacturers more room to work with for stuff like AR or made it easier to waterproof then I counted that as a positive.

I listen to music from my phone all the time using Bluetooth or the Lightning cable.

That said, I don't see the problem with the dongle per se if you do want to use headphones.
Regards,
-scott
New Recommendation != opinion
Besides, just use the damn dongle.
--

Drew
New In my opinion, the dongle should suffice.
Sufficient? Sheesh. :-)
Regards,
-scott
New Reviews indicate it's a piece of crap.
New That's another matter for sure.
But not an argument against the design change per se. :-)
Regards,
-scott
New (Un-believably?) that's an Apple Inc. blog and..
My sample tiptoe through the 16 PAGES of DISSES-mostly: gave >90% a flat ONE (or LESS if they could) *
And..AND.. one would think that the über-Trendy denizens of the Big Saucer-shaped House in Cupertino WOULD be in their $278 er maybe 500 now? Designer-sweats,
all jes a-runnin-around-like-Topsy in that Big-saucer, to-stay-slim n'stuff, All The Time, ergo:

Experiencing first-hand the (apparent) Unreliability of their Over-priced dongle-thing: ALREADY!! without even seeing this overwhelming [-] feedback (if any Apple-droid ever peeks in there?)
Wouldn'cha Think?

(As por moi.. were I to sleuth-out the necessary decent-DACs + conversion-App as seem to exist,) for extracting truly HIGH-fidelity reproduction of 'KDFC'-web Classical material:
I too would USE my i6S PHONE JACK appropriately (and likely care at some point too: that this is ALSO a MIC-input,) as might become useful if I wanted to get KDFC
where ... no FM-signal survives AND also thus use a DECENT mic! for just phone usage. Because Fidelity rocks. Period.

Jeez, I wonder what the science~iggerant masses do? when confronting this small-clusterfuck, also see the Consternation which a casual/CAREless 'decision' by Timmy-boy: does to their Own sensibilities?
Should be fun to see IF the Gigantic-Phone-$$$ guys shall ever parse adequately the Pissed-off-ishness in just these 16 pages on their own site.

We so Spoiled-geek-types :-0

Ed: oTpy
Expand Edited by Ashton Sept. 16, 2017, 05:48:33 PM EDT
New Here ya go.

:-/

(via Fudzilla)

Cheers,
Scott.
New That's called the "Somali Hands-free" in Finland, if you do it with a phone in stead.
Like this, but seen mainly in the Helsinki Metro.

Dunno if they still are, but the Somalis at least used to be the largest group here to wear veils like that, hence the name.

Also, wrapping it that way around seems a lot better for breathing.
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
New Indeed! Breathing is good.
     New Pixel phones on October 4. - (Another Scott) - (47)
         I've seen some amusing butthurt from Fandroids about the TRRS jack - (malraux) - (46)
             I have a different theory - (pwhysall) - (45)
                 The Essential apparently has a solution to this problem. - (Another Scott) - (31)
                     This "thinness über alles!" meme that's infected every IT hardware designer's brain is such utter BS - (CRConrad) - (14)
                         Yeahbut... - (Another Scott) - (5)
                             But, a sharp-edged 1.83kg laptop vs a 2.02 kg rounder one is a wash... Or a win for the heavier one. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                 Heh. - (pwhysall)
                             Re: Yeahbut... - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                 Boy, you don't understand Mac users - (drook) - (1)
                                     Such cynicism in one so... - (pwhysall)
                         I beat you to that one (IOW Yes, that exactly) - (drook) - (7)
                             Yeah, but I *thought* of it long before that. -NT - (CRConrad) - (6)
                                 Did you think of it before smartphones? - (drook) - (5)
                                     Razr? - (malraux) - (3)
                                         J loved her StarTac flip phone. - (Another Scott)
                                         Yup, Razr - (drook)
                                         I had a keychain phone - (crazy)
                                     Motorola RAZR, 2003. - (pwhysall)
                     Re: The Essential apparently has a solution to this problem. - (pwhysall)
                     Geez, I just noticed this - (drook) - (14)
                         Heh. - (Another Scott) - (13)
                             Too true! - (drook) - (12)
                                 Evolution didn't "design" the headphone jack... - (Another Scott) - (11)
                                     Apple patent blocked Magsafe-like connectors for years - (drook)
                                     *Good* reasons? Do tell. -NT - (pwhysall) - (8)
                                         Heh. You know the reasons. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                                             No, I don't. - (pwhysall) - (6)
                                                 Licensing aside, something like Magsafe - (drook) - (2)
                                                     Yeah, but that's not a thing, is it? - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                         You said "better", not "available" - (drook)
                                                 We won't be using 3.5 mm jacks in 50 years. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                     Micro-USB is a bad comparison - (drook) - (1)
                                                         Everything in that post is a bad comparison - (pwhysall)
                                     Will second the snark re phrase, "good reasons" ;^> - (Ashton)
                 Waterproofing would have made the jack even bigger. - (malraux) - (12)
                     You must not run - (drook) - (11)
                         Nope. - (malraux) - (7)
                             Just to make sure I understand ... - (drook) - (3)
                                 No. - (malraux) - (2)
                                     Recommendation != opinion - (drook) - (1)
                                         In my opinion, the dongle should suffice. - (malraux)
                             Reviews indicate it's a piece of crap. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                 That's another matter for sure. - (malraux)
                                 (Un-believably?) that's an Apple Inc. blog and.. - (Ashton)
                         Here ya go. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                             That's called the "Somali Hands-free" in Finland, if you do it with a phone in stead. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                 Indeed! Breathing is good. -NT - (Another Scott)

For Wade, it is to wonder.
94 ms