IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Heh.
I didn't see the thread you posted in my very limited, very manual search. My mistake. I certainly didn't intentionally overlook it.

With the exception of calling Putin a statesman, I don't think what I said in that post was all that outrageous. Not when we have photos like this, for example. Or the reporting that Robert Parry did subsequent to my post in pieces like this one and this one about Vicky Nuland. Here's another article from a different source on that leaked phone call.

I haven't changed my mind about, overall, our being the aggressor against Russia. From sending our troops to overthrow the Russian government in its infancy, to the missiles of October, to the "not one inch east" lie, to Victoria Nuland's work for destabilization, the US has always been playing with the White pieces in this chess game.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New So Putin's better than Obama, still, then? Okay...
New What do you think I meant by, "With the exception of calling Putin a statesman"?
Maybe that still isn't explicit enough. No, I do not believe Putin is superior, in any way, to Merkel, Cameron or Obama as I'd previously suggested.
bcnu,
Mikem

Expand Edited by mmoffitt Sept. 12, 2017, 03:18:33 PM EDT
New Dunno. :-) Thanks, it's clear now.
New Yeah, I think that knee-jerk is going to be with me my whole life.
"Superior World Citizen" is not a moniker that belongs to Putin, but it certainly did belong to Khrushchev.

I know that, especially for a Democrat, criticizing his holiness John F. Kennedy is political blasphemy in the extreme, but I'll always be grateful (as should every living person on the globe) that when it came to nuclear weaponry, Khrushchev demonstrated vastly superior, infinitely more sane leadership.

I wonder, had he not been martyred, would more Americans see JFK as the rabid anti-Communist (dare I say Bircher?) that he was and scorn the Bay of Pigs and the missile fiascos? It has always bugged me that we treat JFK as some kind of legendary hero who "kept missiles out of Cuba!!!11ONE" when he was just YAN neocon from the Worthless Thumb willing to blow the entire world up to maintain military superiority and first strike capability against the CCCP with no fear of any retaliatory capability. The ridiculousness of the fabled "missile gap" that was bandied about by him and Tricky Dick during the campaign is laughable now, but that's the MIC propaganda both were spewing at the time and a lot of people believed it.
bcnu,
Mikem

Team Moffitt. - (a6l6e6x) - (22)
         so furriners are not allowed to post about merika? why not? - (boxley) - (5)
             Not when they are fake Americans and have an agenda to harm US. - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                 so you are totally against americans posing as syrians denigrating Assad and Hezbullah? -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                     Links, details, back-story or you're just Wash.Times-ing all over the pixels again. - (Ashton) - (1)
                         here ya go - (boxley)
                     That's war by another name and tactic. - (a6l6e6x)
         Язык лепечет, а голоба не после ведает. - (mmoffitt) - (15)
             You're the one that had Nazis overthrowing a democratic Ukraine. - (a6l6e6x) - (14)
                 Neo-nazis were among them, leading them at times. - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                     I recall it was rilly-Complex/on inspection, then (Duh) ... worse.. on U/S. boob-tubes du jour - (Ashton)
                     Except the Beeb isn't saying what you were saying; more like the opposite. - (CRConrad) - (11)
                         That's what some Trump defenders have been saying - (drook) - (1)
                             Difference being, the only ones... - (CRConrad)
                         I think you've got me and someone Scott called "Bob" confused with one another. - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                             BiP was a brick wall when it came to Ukraine. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                 I was going to Google, but thanks, AS! Mike: Need a fire extinguisher for those trousers? -NT - (CRConrad)
                                 Heh. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                     So Putin's better than Obama, still, then? Okay... -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                         What do you think I meant by, "With the exception of calling Putin a statesman"? - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                             Dunno. :-) Thanks, it's clear now. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                 Yeah, I think that knee-jerk is going to be with me my whole life. - (mmoffitt)
                             A gazillion links looks impressive at first. - (CRConrad)

I'm not flying anywhere.
54 ms