IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Umm.. Me/pussy then
if the alternative is to be a masochist; I had learned that pain hurts
(though I didn't realize then, that if you LIked Hurt? you might well become a Republican.)
There was even evidence: My Gramma, so..

What did the Sadist do to the Masochist?

;^>
New carry some deer whistles in yer pocket for when you encounter priusses
have donated a few to the iggorant cityfolk that drive away from the beaches in them. A lot of the local rednecks drive prius for milage but everyone of those has deer whistles in the front
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Always glad to hear about clever Lads of any stripe :-) will grab a few, too.
Takes care of the hi-freq keen eared animals except at slow/no wind.
Still think we Gots to come up with an outside sound source, which also IDs what-sort of Thing is approaching;
the other animals won't decode that, but they'll hear.. even when the sucker is silently creeping along
(maybe re birds, while they are concentrating on the road-kill? and about to be squashed in slo-mo.)

Nothing's entirely simple..
New Do deer whistles work?
Apparently, not so much.

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
New "behavior alteration in response to the whistle (little to none in the majority of cases)"
well that proves they do in fact hear them, what ash was concerned about.
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New still.. prolly pretty low-audio-level if car at low speeds :-/ er, more deafening-silence.
Ya needs wind, period. That's why they call it a whistle!
(a small speaker though, wouldn't care about vehicle speed.)
     Command line history is evil - (crazy) - (58)
         Laziness needs balance. - (static)
         Re: Command line history is evil - (rcsteiner) - (56)
             2007? - (crazy) - (55)
                 2012! - (rcsteiner) - (54)
                     And the award for "Longest Setup for the Least Payoff" goes to ... -NT - (drook) - (53)
                         (chuckle!) -NT - (Another Scott)
                         Agreed -NT - (crazy) - (51)
                             But since we're here ... - (drook) - (50)
                                 Nope. - (malraux) - (49)
                                     That's the thing about nostalgia - (drook) - (48)
                                         Yup. Nostalgia ain't what it used to be. -NT - (malraux) - (2)
                                             It never is. -NT - (static) - (1)
                                                 It used to be -NT - (drook)
                                         Some of us, of course are quite beyond lures of such wistfulness.. - (Ashton) - (44)
                                             I don't miss kick-starting -NT - (drook) - (43)
                                                 Obligatory... - (Another Scott) - (42)
                                                     *cough* ..you rang? Indeed was I correct in that assessment: - (Ashton) - (38)
                                                         Compression release is for pussies - (drook) - (7)
                                                             I'll bet a bunch of 1-armed barnstormers thought that too. ;-) - (Another Scott)
                                                             Umm.. Me/pussy then - (Ashton) - (5)
                                                                 carry some deer whistles in yer pocket for when you encounter priusses - (boxley) - (4)
                                                                     Always glad to hear about clever Lads of any stripe :-) will grab a few, too. - (Ashton)
                                                                     Do deer whistles work? - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                         "behavior alteration in response to the whistle (little to none in the majority of cases)" - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                             still.. prolly pretty low-audio-level if car at low speeds :-/ er, more deafening-silence. - (Ashton)
                                                         Thanks for the clip. - (Another Scott) - (29)
                                                             Second the music-diss.. - (Ashton) - (28)
                                                                 The sound doesn't tweak my nostalgia bits -NT - (drook) - (27)
                                                                     Me neither, but it's interesting. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                         Et tu, Brute? - (Ashton)
                                                                     Kinda agree re all Vee twins.. - (Ashton) - (24)
                                                                         My friend in Dayton had a bunch of Honda V-twins. - (Another Scott) - (23)
                                                                             Paid little attention to such as these, alas - (Ashton) - (22)
                                                                                 My RD 350 didn't even meet your weight limit - (drook) - (2)
                                                                                     Heh-squared :-) - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                                         The 350 was more than enough for a noob - (drook)
                                                                                 Going electric. - (static) - (16)
                                                                                     All good points. - (Ashton) - (13)
                                                                                         I assume until there are breakthroughs... - (Another Scott) - (12)
                                                                                             Fair weather is the rub. - (malraux)
                                                                                             Has a conceptual C.G. problem, alas. - (Ashton) - (10)
                                                                                                 Good points. - (Another Scott) - (9)
                                                                                                     PS.. re that top pic - (Ashton) - (8)
                                                                                                         ignore, forgot the link -NT - (boxley)
                                                                                                         put a battery in one of these I would be interested - (boxley) - (5)
                                                                                                             I don't understand those - (drook) - (3)
                                                                                                                 They're 3-wheel go-carts. For adults. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                                                                 It is an opening - (scoenye)
                                                                                                                 People still buy 'em. - (static)
                                                                                                             Highway police bait! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                                                                                                         Good points, but... - (Another Scott)
                                                                                     Tesla isn't just focused on cars - (drook) - (1)
                                                                                         And home power, etc., etc. - (Another Scott)
                                                                                 Some are trying, though :-) - (scoenye) - (1)
                                                                                     That's nuts! Wow. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                     How to do it right. - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                                         Of course he has a dial telephone. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                             Calls to ask for heat insulation for the exhaust pipe on the Viper bike on said phone... - (CRConrad)