IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Well, as an Edjumacation(?) errand, one comes up with another association
It seems IME that, those who often employ a variety of "Logical Errors"--each having its own Name--are also amongthat group which is unaware that there IS such a List.

This is not to Insist-that: were each of these to be exposed to The LIst? in an amiable bull-session (suitably laced with humorous examples) say,
that none! would Grok to some degree: their thus predicament. Am unaware if this experiment has been funded. Yet.
But I recommend the drill to any career-hungry socio-{something) Student, as well as to all those quite Certain that: all these dupes are Simply incorrigible Dullards.

We gots to Start from Somewhere with that ... benefit of a doubt koan, Right? :-)
New There once was a professor of philosophy ...
I can't find a reference to the story, so here's how I remember it.

Two students were in the professor's apartment arguing that it was impossible to know anything with certainty. As the argument wore on, he invited them to join him at the cafe across the street for lunch.

Upon reaching the street, he pushed them in front of an approaching carriage. When they both jumped back he asked them, "If you didn't know that carriage was approaching, why didn't you continue across the street to the cafe?"

While it may be true in a philosophical sense that you don't "know" something, there's a point where it's close enough to live your life by.
--

Drew
New ;^> ... True, dat.
umm.. 'sorta', because..
[this reply cancelled because: TMI]
     Make Way for ... Irma [??] - (Ashton) - (20)
         I have a daughter in South Florida, so I'll be watching. - (a6l6e6x) - (13)
             And head toward Texas or Mexico? - (mmoffitt) - (12)
                 Um... - (Another Scott) - (10)
                     Thanks for reminding: NHC is about the Best we gots.. - (Ashton) - (5)
                         If I were a worse person ... and had a forum to pull this stunt ... - (drook) - (3)
                             Well, as an Edjumacation(?) errand, one comes up with another association - (Ashton) - (2)
                                 There once was a professor of philosophy ... - (drook) - (1)
                                     ;^> ... True, dat. - (Ashton)
                         NO! Climate change is a HOAX. - (Andrew Grygus)
                     Thanks. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                         Hurricanes draw their energy from warm water - (drook)
                         There's supposed to be a high-pressure front moving in to keep it from moving farther west. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             Of course. Completely logical, I hadn't looked. Thanks again. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 Actually, Cuban mountains to siphon it's energy. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         wait until after it hits cuba to see where it may end up - (boxley)
         WaPo has some beautifully Al Punte Irma data displays.. - (Ashton) - (4)
             please note it hasn't made the turn yet - (boxley) - (3)
                 Haven't seen any NHC note later than ~3pm EDT Sat. Where saw the "weakening" observation? - (Ashton) - (1)
                     made the turn, whew! as for wher saw the weakening observation - (boxley)
                 The models keep show it slowly drifting west. - (Another Scott)

This too shall pass.
89 ms