IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New See above. Keep the myth alive. But don't come crying when Drumpf wins re-election.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Thought experiment
I live on an island. There's enough local produce and fishing to survive (barely).

The island used to be the tip of a peninsula, but the causeway has been washed out and is now patrolled by sharks.

We agree that there's far more resources on the mainland. But in order to take advantage, I need to get there.

Bernie was talking about the great food on the mainland. Hillary was talking about building a boat.
--

Drew
New Nope.
She was talking about how the sharks weren't really that bad and how we couldn't do anything about them anyway, so the best course was to feed them and hope they'd let a few of us swim to the mainland because we fed them and they wouldn't be so hungry.

Bernie was saying, "Let's kill the sharks."
bcnu,
Mikem

New Bernie's "let us" was just him. Nobody he needed would join him. Real life is a cruel mistress...
New And yet ...
bcnu,
Mikem

New And yet...
Hillary beat him.

Imagine that.

Bernie has one co-sponsor (so far) for his latest "single-payer" bill (Kamala Harris). Do you think he'll break double-digits this time?

Popularity means nothing if you can't win votes.

Repealing Obamacare was (nearly) universally popular with Republicans until the votes actually mattered. Then, suddenly, they couldn't pass a bill.

Funny, that.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: And yet...
One could argue that the playing field presented by the DNC was not a fair one.
--
-Rich Steiner >>>---> Mableton, GA USA
The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then.
New Zooks! Howdy stranger!
Fancy seeing you here.

Welcome back!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: Zooks! Howdy stranger!
Danke. I found a bookmark and wandered back. May stay a while this time. :-)

I'm glad this place still exists!
--
-Rich Steiner >>>---> Mableton, GA USA
The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then.
New Dang. Should have made the bet.
bcnu,
Mikem

New Snooze you lose. ;-) (Still no Summary text on Congress.gov)
New Yabut it's better than Conyers' bill, right? ;0)
bcnu,
Mikem

Please do NOT buy this book. - (mmoffitt) - (46)
         heh. - (Another Scott) - (31)
             Oh, $DEITY. It's even worse than I imagined. - (mmoffitt) - (30)
                 If Hillary had charisma - (drook) - (29)
                     It's the unconscionable lies about what Bernie promoted that troubled me. And they're repeated here. - (mmoffitt) - (24)
                         The butt-hurt is amazing. - (Another Scott) - (23)
                             Yep, they're certainly different all right. - (mmoffitt) - (22)
                                 And yet Hillary had a workable plan to do just that. Woulda been great, huh. -NT - (Another Scott) - (21)
                                     By continuing to pay the banksters? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (20)
                                         You know she answered that, in detail, months ago... - (Another Scott) - (19)
                                             Like I said ... - (mmoffitt)
                                             Please don't misunderstand me. We want the same thing. We want Drumpf defeated. - (mmoffitt) - (17)
                                                 She lost because of Comey. Bernie had been a non-factor for months. -NT - (Another Scott) - (16)
                                                     I'm not talking about him. I'm talking about the almost half of Democratic voters who supported him. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (15)
                                                         Why not wait and read the book before making so many assumptions about it? -NT - (Another Scott) - (14)
                                                             She's got enough Wall Street money. She doesn't need mine. ;0) - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                                                                 Except that she got millions of more votes than Bernie or Donnie. Yeah, she's a nobody.... -NT - (Another Scott) - (12)
                                                                     And lost. I'm telling you, listening to her is going to result in a Trump re-election. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (11)
                                                                         She's.Not.Running.Again. - (Another Scott) - (10)
                                                                             That.Doesnt.Mean.She.Cant.Influence.The.DNC.And.Set.The.Tone.Of.The.Next.Primary. - (mmoffitt) - (9)
                                                                                 (sigh) - (Another Scott) - (8)
                                                                                     There is something she could do. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                                                         Read more carefully. "Some". -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                                             Conceding the point that her book is unhelpful? If so, great. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                                                     millions? really? here is how you can help - (boxley) - (4)
                                                                                         Good $DEITY, Bill. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                                             You did? Still? Why? -NT - (CRConrad)
                                                                                         I'm sure I could get you a free-subscription to 'Human Events', Bill - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                                             naw, ya gotta remember the wild carrot stalks are not fuzzy - (boxley)
                     I'm beginning to think charisma sucks. - (CRConrad) - (3)
                         Anybody who wants to be in charge should not be in charge - (crazy) - (2)
                             Yup, that's the one I meant. - (CRConrad)
                             Douglas Adams basically said that. - (static)
         Unrealistic over promising is how you build . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (12)
             See above. Keep the myth alive. But don't come crying when Drumpf wins re-election. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (11)
                 Thought experiment - (drook) - (10)
                     Nope. - (mmoffitt) - (9)
                         Bernie's "let us" was just him. Nobody he needed would join him. Real life is a cruel mistress... -NT - (Another Scott) - (8)
                             And yet ... - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                                 And yet... - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                     Re: And yet... - (rcsteiner) - (2)
                                         Zooks! Howdy stranger! - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                             Re: Zooks! Howdy stranger! - (rcsteiner)
                                     Dang. Should have made the bet. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                         Snooze you lose. ;-) (Still no Summary text on Congress.gov) -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                             Yabut it's better than Conyers' bill, right? ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
         she is entitled to make a buck, now I was listening to something the other day and a name popped up - (boxley)

I'm being assailed by the Comfy Chair right now.
79 ms