IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Thanks.
I don't know this science. I see from your graphic that it's supposed to turn hard north as it just passes the tip of FL. I'm sure there's solid reasoning behind making that prediction and am in no way questioning it, but I am curious as to why it won't keep moving West as the eye moves between Cuba and FL? Do you know what, either in the model or in nature itself, makes that an unlikely track?
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Hurricanes draw their energy from warm water
When they hit land, they'll tend to turn toward the land since the energy is coming in from the opposite side.
--

Drew
New There's supposed to be a high-pressure front moving in to keep it from moving farther west.
New Of course. Completely logical, I hadn't looked. Thanks again.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
     Make Way for ... Irma [??] - (Ashton) - (20)
         I have a daughter in South Florida, so I'll be watching. - (a6l6e6x) - (13)
             And head toward Texas or Mexico? - (mmoffitt) - (12)
                 Um... - (Another Scott) - (10)
                     Thanks for reminding: NHC is about the Best we gots.. - (Ashton) - (5)
                         If I were a worse person ... and had a forum to pull this stunt ... - (drook) - (3)
                             Well, as an Edjumacation(?) errand, one comes up with another association - (Ashton) - (2)
                                 There once was a professor of philosophy ... - (drook) - (1)
                                     ;^> ... True, dat. - (Ashton)
                         NO! Climate change is a HOAX. - (Andrew Grygus)
                     Thanks. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                         Hurricanes draw their energy from warm water - (drook)
                         There's supposed to be a high-pressure front moving in to keep it from moving farther west. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             Of course. Completely logical, I hadn't looked. Thanks again. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 Actually, Cuban mountains to siphon it's energy. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         wait until after it hits cuba to see where it may end up - (boxley)
         WaPo has some beautifully Al Punte Irma data displays.. - (Ashton) - (4)
             please note it hasn't made the turn yet - (boxley) - (3)
                 Haven't seen any NHC note later than ~3pm EDT Sat. Where saw the "weakening" observation? - (Ashton) - (1)
                     made the turn, whew! as for wher saw the weakening observation - (boxley)
                 The models keep show it slowly drifting west. - (Another Scott)

Such twisted irony.
93 ms