IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hey Ashton, what do you think of this?
An Oregon appeals court agreed Wednesday that a couple must surgically lacerate their dogs’ vocal cords in a procedure known as “debarking” or “devocalization,” following a lawsuit brought by neighbors annoyed by the pets’ “incessant barking.” The ruling upheld a lower court order.

The case began in 2002, when Karen Szewc and John Updegraff began breeding Tibetan Mastiffs, large fluffy dogs often employed to protect sheep from predators, at their home in Rouge River, Ore., about 150 miles south of Eugene.

The married couple’s neighbors, Debra and Dale Krein, quickly grew tired of the dogs’ barking. According to the Kreins, the “dogs bark[ed] uncontrollably for long periods of time while defendants [were] away from the residence,” court documents state.

But they weren’t the first ones to take action against the dog owners. In both 2004 and 2005, Jackson County cited Szewc for violating a county code provision on public nuisance “by allowing two of her dogs to bark frequently and at length,” according to court documents.

Szewc argued the provisions didn’t apply to her because she ran a farm on the couple’s 3.4-acre parcel of land, which includes sheep, goats and chickens. Farms fall under different ordinances.

The Jackson County Circuit Court rejected this argument, saying the property was not a farm, ordered her to pay $400 and to debark the two offending dogs or to move them to a different area.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/08/31/oregon-court-couple-must-debark-dogs-cutting-their-vocal-cords-after-neighbors-complain/

Court ordered mutilation. Wonderful. Jackson County Circuit Court is the paragon of virtue.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New "... or to move them to a different area."
--

Drew
New Personally, I side with the court . . .
. . unless they can make the sound stop at the border of their property.
New ..Uh huh, uh HuH HuH ..Huh?
Fraught, this one.. Would have to disqualify-self on any jury since, it's so close to matters initially re a new adjacent neighbor. They managed to 'quieten' (somehow) the yap-dog soprano bark-fests of three, but the Basso-profundo of the (thoroughly tail-wagging Likeable!) {quel surprise-->Labrador} as could speed through concrete walls even: echoes--no pun intended--the above. ie

When they were gone, this non-Drumpf-related 'Despicable' was fully automated: could bark at a near metronome-steady rate for Hours. Loudly.
(It didn't help that he was dubbed Harley.. I mean for us Brit-style Cafe-racers.. you know the snide drill.)

This came to a head when he (accidentally) let H. off the leash and this big dog (whose owner later insisted, "wouldn't have hurt the cat if he caught him") ... went. after. Squeak!
..I following-with-broom, (not possessing a .410 shotgun with light-load + salt crystals, because ... failure of Imagination earlier.)
Squeak, the Wonder Cat easily outpaced him and leapt upwards in a shed, saving moi from having to use even the broom
(What sort of bastard would really Like to hurt a big/dumb/lovable critter?)

So see? I'd be or should be Off the Jury in any case, unless I lied. (I might lie.. ... were I on a jury re the Tarring/Feathering of D.T. -??- when asked if "I could render a fair and impartial judgment." But that's easy to admit: who'd ever be That Lucky?

But in loco parentis re. just Anyone who looks at 'distances' from [Cause] inexorable noise ---> to [Effect] nearest delicate ear-pans, and just shrugs..? {meh} like any Entitled One Would flaunt,
I say: Be an Adult, show such ones--by example--what Brotherly Love is sorta-like:
remind this One that you DIDN'T just kill him/her. (Yes, yes folks Have recorded such spastic sessions and Played-them-back at say 2AM, in such cases. But that's so jejune, innit?)
     Hey Ashton, what do you think of this? - (mmoffitt) - (3)
         "... or to move them to a different area." -NT - (drook)
         Personally, I side with the court . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         ..Uh huh, uh HuH HuH ..Huh? - (Ashton)

If your attack is going too well, you're walking into an ambush.
38 ms