IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Does anyone here host through Cloudflare?
We had our institution website done over once more. The operators that built the site forgot to mention that they would demand we hand over day to day management of the entire domain DNS upon going live. And, of course, it is our main domain, not a marketing vanity domain.

They claim this is because Cloudflare (their chosen host) does it that way and delegating just www is not possible unless we cough up $200/month for a premium business account.

I'm wondering if anyone has run into this (with Cloudflare or elsewhere)? Have I had my head stuck in a server for too long, and this is just the way things are done these days? That you have to rely on a website builder to manage settings they have absolutely nothing to do with? In ~30 years, I've never seen a demand like this.
New If they "forgot" to mention that, you have a business problem.
Not a technical one. And AFAIK CloudFlare aren't actually a hosting provider, either. They provide a CDN focussed on withstanding security problems.

I'd be doing two things: calling the contractor on this "problem" and challenging them to find a solution that does not cost you $200/month, and contacting CloudFlare yourself to ask about the arrangement you've been presented with. They will have a pre-sales team who can answer those questions and have a reputation for being easy to contact.

Wade.
New Thanks
I was looking into the latter but ran out of time last evening.
New Concur.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
     Does anyone here host through Cloudflare? - (scoenye) - (3)
         If they "forgot" to mention that, you have a business problem. - (static) - (2)
             Thanks - (scoenye) - (1)
                 Concur. -NT - (malraux)

Six harpies are singin' on the lee!
90 ms