IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 2 active users | 4 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New IT joke
A programmer called his wife from the grocery store and asked if she needed anything. She said, "I need a loaf of bread and if they have eggs, get a dozen." He came home with 12 loaves of bread.

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New If you went to Catholic school in the 70s, you remember diagramming sentences
--

Drew
New Did that in public school too.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Not any of the people I went to high school with
--

Drew
New Interesting. Both my wife and I had diagramming.
Two separate school systems, albeit both in Michigan.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Yep, saw it briefly in NYC public schools.
So briefly, it didn't stick.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Learning another human language does bring this into focus.
Sometimes quite sharply so.

I'm learning Korean and no doubt that that language has similar sorts of ambiguities, but they would be vastly different to English ones!

Wade.
New Seen yesterday: Puns are the inside jokes of a language
--

Drew
New Ran into one this afternoon
A student related ordering "4 pairs of pants" from a Spanish speaking seamstress last week. Today she got a phone call saying her "8 pants" were ready for pickup. Oops...
New (Must admit: have yet to see a 'pant' ... even for an amputee..)
     IT joke - (lincoln) - (9)
         If you went to Catholic school in the 70s, you remember diagramming sentences -NT - (drook) - (4)
             Did that in public school too. -NT - (malraux) - (3)
                 Not any of the people I went to high school with -NT - (drook)
                 Interesting. Both my wife and I had diagramming. - (malraux)
                 Yep, saw it briefly in NYC public schools. - (a6l6e6x)
         Learning another human language does bring this into focus. - (static) - (3)
             Seen yesterday: Puns are the inside jokes of a language -NT - (drook)
             Ran into one this afternoon - (scoenye) - (1)
                 (Must admit: have yet to see a 'pant' ... even for an amputee..) -NT - (Ashton)