IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New calling crc ashton and other language nerds
http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Stranded-white-shark-santa-cruz-11944534.php#photo-8935857
so the headline

Body of white shark, likely struck by boat, vandalized after washing up in Monterey Bay
partially butchered, parts hacked off, recycled any of those would be fine but vandalized? did people with conical helmets and speaking vandal really do this dastardly deed?
Now Kalifornia has many strange laws and are entitled to them but fer dismas sake it is detritus washed up on a beach not a public building that was spraypainted.
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New This isn't a language issue per se, it's a law issue
Sounds like they broke a law. If the relevant statute calls it "vandalism" then that's the legal charge.
--

Drew
New I could live with that framing..
An (unfortunate :-/) sea animal died.

Let *us* contrive a Statute which keeps Drumpf-IQ-level trolls with nuthin-much-capacity for Doin-non-stupid-Stuff ... reined-in,
so as not to offend our few remaining illusions that,'society' might ... someday? ... seem ~worthy of Preservation

{{sigh}}
Despite the Despicables of every spot/stripe and drool toxin-content.

:-)
New Seems reasonable.
If it were a "body" it would have been "desecrated" or something -- but that refers more to, like, people. This wasn't a "body of white shark"; it was a _carcass_ of a shark, because sharks are animals, not people. That's a thing, and things can be vandalised.

And don't try to be even more silly than you usually are; that level is quite silly enough. There haven't been any actual Vandals for about a millennium-and-a-half, but the verb survived them. (Unfairly, IMO: The Goths, both Ostro- and Visi-, also sacked Rome at least as much as the Vandals.)

Do you enjoy playing an idiot just for the sake of it, or do you actively want people to think that you actually are one? Because, you know, I'm a nice guy: If you really want me to do something, I'm perfectly ready to do so.
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
New just wanted your opinion on the verbiage, thank you
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
     calling crc ashton and other language nerds - (boxley) - (4)
         This isn't a language issue per se, it's a law issue - (drook) - (1)
             I could live with that framing.. - (Ashton)
         Seems reasonable. - (CRConrad) - (1)
             just wanted your opinion on the verbiage, thank you -NT - (boxley)

Sufficiently advanced so as to be indistinguishable from magic.
69 ms