IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New curious, have you actually seen "birth of a nation"?
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Yup. Saw it in class in HS.
     Monumental frolic - (rcareaga) - (68)
         Think you included the wrong linky - (drook) - (7)
             Thanks; fixed - (rcareaga) - (4)
                 Hadn't thought of that - (drook) - (3)
                     Is there any place on earth where the victors didn't destroy the symbols of the conquered? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                         Other than the entire southern U.S. you mean? - (drook) - (1)
                             You mentioned it below, but the Vietnam War Memorial is an obvious example. -NT - (mmoffitt)
             I think those ones in the middle east are a different basket. - (static) - (1)
                 Yeah, I've figured out my intuition - (drook)
         My thoughts. - (mmoffitt) - (56)
             Do they have monuments to those who died in wars they lost? - (drook) - (55)
                 I heard a report on NPR that the cops are looking for the perps, and intend to charge them. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (38)
                     They should handle it the way they did Bree Newsome. - (Another Scott) - (37)
                         "Toxic" is a bit strong. - (mmoffitt) - (36)
                             Malice? Or civil disobedience? - (drook) - (5)
                                 Really? Amendment 13 much? - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                     I was thinking more 1960s than 1790s - (drook) - (3)
                                         The relative effectiveness of changing a "wrong" law vs breaking the law. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                             Did the law get changed before or after a war was fought? - (drook) - (1)
                                                 So, changing the law works? Or it doesn't (as you previously stated)? I'm confused. And tired. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                             Not really. - (Another Scott) - (29)
                                 Eh. - (mmoffitt) - (25)
                                     Three-for-three - (drook) - (21)
                                         Move to strike. Incoherent. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (20)
                                             OK, I'm done -NT - (drook)
                                             Only to you - (crazy)
                                             "Incoherent"? What's more incoherent than trying strategy after strategy, only to... - (CRConrad) - (17)
                                                 You guys really need to drop the "privilege" meme. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (16)
                                                     Which part of White Supremacist Statue Hugger says anything about "privilege"?!? - (CRConrad) - (15)
                                                         Oh, now I'm a White Supremacist. - (mmoffitt) - (14)
                                                             "There were no good guys." - (drook) - (3)
                                                                 Buy a history book. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                                     Care to narrow that down a bit? -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                                                         Re: Care to narrow that down a bit? - (mmoffitt)
                                                             You're a day late and a dollar short. - (CRConrad) - (9)
                                                                 No mention of privilege? Re-read Drew's post. Here, I'll help you, since you obviously need it. - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                                                                     "Read me in my posts", as someone used to say. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                                         It's great to have you back. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                                     Baltimore isn't constrained by the state laws about removing monuments. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                         Re: ... the other party controls the legislature via gerrymandering and voter suppression. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                             (One arrives at such a conclusion fairly: only after it marinates-well. I wot.) - (Ashton)
                                                                     Yes, Baltimore did it the next day. I wonder why ... -NT - (drook) - (2)
                                                                         I've withdrawn from being an advocate of violent revolution. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                             eh? yer off the flogging committee then, -NT - (boxley)
                                     Really? - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                         Sorry. Not enough words on my part. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                             No it's not - (crazy)
                                 local controls - (rcareaga)
                                 Impossible? Bah, nothing is impossible. - (CRConrad)
                                 Or, perhaps even better... - (CRConrad)
                 Try ... the 'Korean War' for a negative conclusion.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                     that was a tie and still isnt over -NT - (boxley)
                 Actually, there are some - (scoenye) - (4)
                     And for something on the wrong side of the tracks and closer to current events - (scoenye) - (3)
                         Passing strange, this all.. - (Ashton) - (2)
                             The monument was "dual use" from the get go - (scoenye) - (1)
                                 Belatedly.. this manifestly-schizoid chain of events may illuminate just why - (Ashton)
                 yes in every town square altho to be fair it also includes all lives lost in all wars - (boxley)
                 Every town and village in the UK has a war memorial - (pwhysall) - (7)
                     Aussie ones are about remembering the fallen, too. -NT - (static)
                     We've got those, too - (drook)
                     The clear intent of the things here can be inferred from the timing. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                         That Drum link: yes, that -NT - (drook) - (1)
                             Indeed, graph needs words; Drum has them. -NT - (Ashton)
                         curious, have you actually seen "birth of a nation"? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                             Yup. Saw it in class in HS. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Don't know when that statue was erected, but the Robert E. Lee one in C'ville was 1924. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             And into the present one. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
         PS: Just NOW I hear [his audio] Prez. Orange declaim - (Ashton)

If the enemy is in range, so are you.
364 ms