IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Sony won't give me anything newer than 5.1 on mine. :-(
New Bummer. :-(
One of the reasons why I bought this LG V10 a few months ago (after thinking long and hard about a Pixel) was that everything I read said it was going to get 7.0. But I was expecting it in January, not August...

I've read some decent things about Sony's latest US phones like the Xperia XZ, but there always seems to be a fatal flaw (e.g. no fingerprint sensor in the US, still overpriced). It's a shame, because they get a lot of things right, and Samsung and Apple need more competition.

I'm hoping the Pixel 2 and V30 are very good and don't cost a zillion dollars, but having Nougat - finally - will make less anxious about buying something new this year.

Prices should keep coming down as China steals more of the market and as the devices continue to mature. But it may still be quite expensive to get a flagship for the next cycle or two...

Cheers,
Scott.
New Totally.
It's an Xperia Z, but in Sony's best tradition, it's robust and reliable. I've had it 4? 5? years and it's still going strong. Android version is the _only_ reason I'm vaguely considering an upgrade. But I really don't want to.

Wade.
     WooHoo! Finally getting Android 7.0 on my V10. - (Another Scott) - (3)
         Sony won't give me anything newer than 5.1 on mine. :-( -NT - (static) - (2)
             Bummer. :-( - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Totally. - (static)

No, Mr. Bond! I expect you to die!
56 ms