IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New No guarantees, but...
J's middle name is rather long, and like the BA thing says, it gets smashed together with her first name and truncated with a trailing "MS" on the ticket/boarding pass.

It's never been a problem.

I think they really only check the last name, but some airlines apparently are treating correcting names on tickets as a profit center....

Some comments here might ease your mind a little, or might make your concerns even more intense.

I dunno. :-(

Getting a letter from them, with a name and contact information, on their letterhead, indicating that it isn't a problem should be the least they can do for you.

Good luck!!

Cheers,
Scott.
New That is the way it normally works
First + MI + MR/MS

But even if the TSA is being a bit flexible, if the check-in counter refuses to issue a border pass, you never even reach them. And depending on the itinerary, the initial leg may not even be BA. Unless the airport is too far away, I'd run it by them and see what happens.

Similar case with worst possible outcome, although the mangling was a lot worse:
https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k9541181-o20-Expedia_and_the_wrong_name-Air_Travel.html

PS. This is one of the reasons why we no longer use indirect bookings for anything anymore. The few pennies saved usually aren't worth the time spent fixing the problems that ensue. (Friends are going through a similar issue right now where JetBlue scrapped one of their 3rd party bookings and everyone involved passed the hot potato for a week. To their credit, JB finally did reissue the tickets and apologized.)
New That's exactly it.
These tickets were "free" via CC points or I would have booked directly with the airline. But 2 grand is quite a "savings" IF it works out in the end. I have a little over a month before the flight. I'm going to give BA until Monday to reply via email (I wanted something in writing).

But your little equation helped me understand exactly how my name got so dorked up. My middle name ends in "DRA", which, it turns out, appears to be a Spanish abbreviation for "Female Doctor." So, Michael McKendra was parsed (???) to become Dra Michaelmcken, despite the fact that I had to provide my home country (USA) and my gender (male) for the same damned booking.

I had no idea such shitty software could actually make it to production.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New It's definitely a profit center
IMO there should be very large fines assessed every time an airline blames the TSA for their policy.
--

Drew
     Anyone ever had anything like this happen with a flight booking? - (mmoffitt) - (11)
         {Sheesh} welcome to almost-AI: if any doubts arise: You. Loseā„¢. -NT - (Ashton)
         No guarantees, but... - (Another Scott) - (3)
             That is the way it normally works - (scoenye) - (1)
                 That's exactly it. - (mmoffitt)
             It's definitely a profit center - (drook)
         Update: Looks like I'm set. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
             That's unpossible - (drook) - (2)
                 :-( Maybe things are actually getting better in some respects? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     Nope. - (mmoffitt)
             Woot! -NT - (Another Scott)
             Nice! -NT - (scoenye)

GOPHERS, not GOLFERS!
63 ms