IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Wonderful!
Looks like they're going to be fast friends, too.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Fast is right (ba dum tish)
You don't realise how fast they are (fastest-accelerating dogs from zero to 30-35MPH, bar none; only a handful are outright faster, with the greyhound being fastest of all at ~45MPH) until you chuck a ball and they go after it.

Also, a good ball chucker is essential if you don't want a throwing arm that feels like it's going to fall off.

Although they're fast, they're shit at stopping though :D

This is representative:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hcczi7yg4mE

I'd recommend a whippet or lurcher to anyone as a pet dog; less huge than a greyhound, not as fragile as an italian greyhound. They're very gentle with people and only need a short but intense exercise session rather than the miles of walking that other dogs benefit from. Their low-maintenance coats don't shed a lot (although they do shed), they are more-or-less free from serious health issues (basically watch for bloat and that's about it). They have proper dog faces (no brachycephalic issues here*!) and are easy to train (although recall is a challenge; sighthounds gonna sight). They do require sofa rights, though, so if you don't like dogs on the furniture, they're not for you.

* Fuck pugs and other flat-faced dogs, tbh. I have a whole other rant about the morality of breeding an animal that is born to suffer for solely cosmetic reasons. Even some working breeds are heading towards fucked - GSDs and dobermann pinschers, frexample.
New The forelegs look all wonky
They're fast as hell but they don't look graceful doing it. Especially when they're turning.
--

Drew
New My sister has had a few greyhounds
One got loose and disappeared for a few minutes, visibly red-shifted* as he sped away.

I agree on the pugs and such. I also find them ugly as hell regardless of the moral complaints.

* Well, maybe not visibly, but certainly audibly. :-)
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
     I done got a new dog - (pwhysall) - (10)
         Gorgeous dog! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         and a doggone stunner, to boot. - (Ashton)
         Nice. Wishing you many years of walkies together. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Have you mentioned this on the book of face? - (drook) - (1)
             Once or twice - (pwhysall)
         Wonderful! - (malraux) - (3)
             Fast is right (ba dum tish) - (pwhysall) - (2)
                 The forelegs look all wonky - (drook)
                 My sister has had a few greyhounds - (malraux)
         fast bugger according to his films -NT - (boxley)

The kids should've been walking to school with EMP lunchboxes.
158 ms