IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New ('twas a predictable Freebie for you, natch.) Omitted corollary remains, though:
From [somewhere] "9/10 of Chinese 'Leadership' gots a PhD" {in Something.}
ie.

One country values scholarship aka a demonstrated ability to Think ... to some purpose.
Another one is anti-"Intellectual"--from cradle-to-grave--via Tribal design, apparently.

Carrion
Even rotted-brains provide nutrients for other creatures. When ripe-enough.
New That is why I've never been happier than when I was in grad school.
Academia is the *only* place in this country where intellect is not scorned and advancement is based upon merit.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Depends on the field, the group, the gender, etc., etc. :-/
New .. as does ~~ Everything a Homo-sap/or Group ...has yet 'institutionalized', right?
New My favorite comment on academia
“Academic disputes are so vicious precisely because the stakes are so small.”

(variously worded and variously attributed)
New ..but, sub-rosa: its undertow supports ... the Std. Murican anti-intellect mindset, du any jour.
     "Is Sloppy Science Killing Us? " - (Ashton) - (9)
         What? Now? - (Andrew Grygus) - (8)
             Maybe, but with 1.5 "PhDs" in U.S. Congress ... 'knowledge' doesn't count for much - (Ashton) - (7)
                 politics is like religion, you dont need a phd to learn how to fill your collection plate -NT - (boxley) - (6)
                     ('twas a predictable Freebie for you, natch.) Omitted corollary remains, though: - (Ashton) - (5)
                         That is why I've never been happier than when I was in grad school. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                             Depends on the field, the group, the gender, etc., etc. :-/ -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 .. as does ~~ Everything a Homo-sap/or Group ...has yet 'institutionalized', right? -NT - (Ashton)
                             My favorite comment on academia - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                 ..but, sub-rosa: its undertow supports ... the Std. Murican anti-intellect mindset, du any jour. -NT - (Ashton)

No LRPD for you, one year!
60 ms