IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Heh..
Ticket (on Vincent) SF-Oakland Bay Bridge, way-back.

Cop eyes the big (~7" dia.) speedo, sees "150" ... asks "is that in (KPH) ??"
Moi tryin-fer-leniency: "Er no Sir, thats MPH." Don't recall his reply, but he wrote me up light..

He claimed to have been tryin to catch-up (on his antediluvian-Harley du jour) for some time; hell I was just idling along at ~65,
no traffic-threading and like that. aka "No Sir, wasn't trying to elude; didn't see you at all.. "
[Did not add any inner-juvenile] like, "If I'd meant to elude ... ...

['Course, re this thread: that '150' was Actual ~top-speed. But.. on the Black Lightning model.]
== see Rollie Free's record which lasted decades. Still, most L.s likely came only with a tach + other customer specs.

Guy I bought the Acura Plutocrat from had a new KZ-11? 13? whatever for 2004, in his garage.
Scary is: the fact that NOW any 16 yo +/- could.. walk in and buy a factory-200 mph Beast;
I no answers to that conundrum, aside from Parent-->child Prohibition-via-whatever Ć’eare-generator works.

V r o o o m . . . .

Ed: oTpy
Expand Edited by Ashton Aug. 5, 2017, 12:36:30 AM EDT
New (Likely apocryphal) Story from the late 80s
Distinguished grey-haired gentleman appears in traffic court for a triple-digit speeding ticket. The prosecutor presents as evidence a picture of the bike, which looks like a full-on race bike, before that was the style.

Elderly gentleman says, "That's not proof of anything."

Prosecutor: "Are you saying this machine can't go 110 mph?"

EG: "It can do that with 2 gears to go. But if having the equipment is evidence of guilt you might as well charge me with rape."
--

Drew
     so i was lacking a reliable ride for my new gig - (boxley) - (19)
         Nice. - (static)
         Well, as to the Fiesta/Focus transmissions' notorious failures - (Ashton) - (1)
             Focus may just be a way for... - (a6l6e6x)
         Woot! Enjoy! -NT - (Another Scott)
         so yesterday had a long straight stretch of dry empty 4 lane - (boxley) - (14)
             Which car ever does the "advertized" highest number on the speedometer? - (CRConrad)
             It won't. HTH! -NT - (pwhysall)
             Well, many years ago my Uncle Lou . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (11)
                 way back in the late 80s ... - (drook) - (2)
                     Heh.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                         (Likely apocryphal) Story from the late 80s - (drook)
                 my personal best was 175 but that on a closed course with no other vehicles -NT - (boxley)
                 If we're branching out into personal reminisces of V(max) attained... - (CRConrad) - (6)
                     Indeed - (pwhysall) - (1)
                         That bike I was on felt like it was standing still - (drook)
                     I would love to rent an audi A8 and take it on the autobahn see if it does top 200mph - (boxley) - (3)
                         I have one - (malraux)
                         Nope - (pwhysall) - (1)
                             :-( -NT - (boxley)

It squealed like Steve Ballmer on a canoe trip, unexpectedly pressed into entertaining hillbillies.
94 ms