IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The only thing correct about that article concerned income inequality. Luttwak is an idiot.
We will see indeed. I agree (and that will be no surprise to the regulars) that the Democratic Party as a whole and their nominee in particular played with fire and got burnt by ignoring income inequality in 2016. But his analysis that income inequality is due to deregulation is as laughable as his 1983 statement that the Soviet invasion into Afghanistan was a success. Similarly, his premonition that Drumpf will be re-elected in 2020 and be followed by an Ivanka Trump Presidency demonstrates the same "insight and wisdom" his theory, just before the Berlin Wall fell, that glasnost and perestroika combined with the Red Army would further empower the Soviet Union.

I take some heart in the knowledge that a laughably inaccurate predictor of future events like Luttwak is anticipating a Drumpf 2020 victory.

But, thanks for the link, I'd almost forgotten about Luttwak.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Re: Luttwak is an idiot.
Agree on that point.

Even Republican senators are warning Trump not to try to fire Mueller. Heck, McConnell made sure that technically the Senate stays in session during the August recess. No recess appointments for Trump. So, no new AG to do his bidding.

Mueller will strike paydirt. It's said he could indict a ham sandwich so it's just a question of time.

Trump is panicking and tonight was stirring up the brainless of West Virginia that “They’re trying to cheat you out of the leadership that you want with a fake story.”
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     And the Hits just keep on coming. - (mmoffitt) - (16)
         Jeez... just when do we see The Flying Monkeys - (Ashton)
         Re: Could this be Kelly? - (a6l6e6x) - (14)
             If we assume Kelly is given command and control at the WH, some will be relieved, I, OTOH, ... - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                 You have a point on the heartless claim. - (a6l6e6x) - (7)
                     He'll last until he asserts his authority in a way that Trump disagrees with - (malraux) - (2)
                         so far, it happens rarely if at all - (rcareaga) - (1)
                             Believe this the Master-Disqualification factor, no-matter who, next: until mass-Extirpation occurs. -NT - (Ashton)
                     Another perspective - (dmcarls) - (3)
                         nice find, thanks -NT - (boxley)
                         The only thing correct about that article concerned income inequality. Luttwak is an idiot. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                             Re: Luttwak is an idiot. - (a6l6e6x)
                 "Command and Control", no not that phrase but, the Book - (Ashton)
                 And it was temporary. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                     Is there a word stronger than 'ludicrous'? -NT - (Ashton) - (2)
                         Trump? - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                             Geez.. the mofo clearly pisses in Everyone's punch-bowl, willy-nilly. - (Ashton)

For the time being, let's leave him in the infirmary with a defenseless female half-wit with no survival instincts.
63 ms