IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What are you trying to tell me? That disease states are "normal" states? <sigh right back>
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Thought it was pretty clear. Real-world biology isn't binary.
Someone who has extra (or missing) chromosomes isn't less human and doesn't deserve to be treated as such. Or someone whose brain is put together a little differently even if they don't have an easily visible genetic difference.

Was Einstein "abnormal"? Was Turning? Was Meitner?

Insisting on putting people in bins is stupid.

Your personal feelings about "the purpose of marriage" and the "definition of a family" should have little or no impact on whether two others want to get married or not. Or whether they get the benefits of marriage and family that other couples get, or not.

But, as you say, we've been through all of this before.

My $0.02.

Cheers,
Scott.
New We're at a dead end, but I have to say a couple of things.
1) "Family" doesn't (and never did) have anything to do with marriage imo.
2) As things are now, the best thing to do is to eliminate the requirement of a license of any kind for marriage. Eliminating marriage licenses would bring reason to the widely popular misconception that a marriage is between two people.

I think (2) is as close as we're ever going to get to consensus, but we still would have disagreements. The elimination of (2) would, of necessity, eliminate any State benefits to the condition of being married. I'd be okay with that. I suspect you wouldn't.

But I've lost what little faith I had in our people so I don't really care much either way at this point.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
     On CNN (main page) just Now: - (Ashton) - (23)
         Die flyovers, die. You *DESERVE* it! - (mmoffitt) - (22)
             There is only one thing that is certain . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (21)
                 I can't speak for anywhere other than Indiana. - (mmoffitt) - (20)
                     “xenophobic, racist and ignorant” - (rcareaga) - (16)
                         and myself? Has the dementia really taken hold? You're about the right age, I guess. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (15)
                             You’ve softened your former stance on transgender, then? - (rcareaga) - (14)
                                 Softened my stance? To what are you referring? - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                                     So, the important thing about marriage is . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                         Well, at least in this country. - (mmoffitt)
                                     You're conflating sex and gender. They're not the same thing. -NT - (pwhysall) - (10)
                                         Trying to teach English to the English is sooooooo hard. - (mmoffitt) - (9)
                                             (sigh) - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                 What are you trying to tell me? That disease states are "normal" states? <sigh right back> -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                     Thought it was pretty clear. Real-world biology isn't binary. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                         We're at a dead end, but I have to say a couple of things. - (mmoffitt)
                                             Oh, the dictionary. That's where I, too, go to understand complex issues of sexuality and gender. - (pwhysall) - (4)
                                                 Oh, Wikipedia. What better source of information could there be? And I'm the idiot. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                     Keep digging. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                     Many times you post I think of this comic - (crazy)
                                                     what, you never dated a hermaphrodite? are you sure? -NT - (boxley)
                     "Belief" is not just Christianity. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                         Kudos.. rather Clearly limned - (Ashton)
                         No, it isn't. But it does make one comfortable (far too much so) with "believing in falsehoods." -NT - (mmoffitt)

If I wanted conversations like that, I'd talk to my girlfriend on the phone.
78 ms