IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New But - there is HOPE!
Since I am currently studying South American cuisines, I brought in a few new books, including three English, all from Annisse Press (Peru, Chili, Colombia / Venezuela).

They have good country background, good recipe background in the headings, few things are called by size (only really common things), there are weights and measures for most items (metric and sane) with explanations where English and American terminology are different. There is adequate background on the authors, though only on the dust jacket.

So far, I have found no conflict between the recipes and the photos or misaligned list / instruction errors. The main problem is there are so many large photos there are only 60 some recipes per book, but they seem very well chosen (all the authors are native to the countries).

Copyright is still with the publisher, but hopefully that will change too.
New I think I know why the Aussies ones are good at measurements.
It's because we are exposed to both the British and the American ones, plus we have a few oddities ourselves. So books have to spell them out.

Wade.
New Yes, especially a Tablespoon that's different from . . .
. . the rest of the world, including New Zealand.
     I've been wondering . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (9)
         Interesting about the proof-reading. - (static) - (5)
             Re: Interesting about the proof-reading. - (Andrew Grygus)
             My main complaint about English cookbooks remains . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                 But - there is HOPE! - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                     I think I know why the Aussies ones are good at measurements. - (static) - (1)
                         Yes, especially a Tablespoon that's different from . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         Any chance that oxtail cooking was in a pressure cooker? - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             Re: Any chance that oxtail cooking was in a pressure cooker? - (Andrew Grygus)
             putting on Jaimacan accent, no you cookem in a duchie mon (cast Iron Dutch Oven) -NT - (boxley)