IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Anyone here ever score an “Apple Watch?”
The spousette got one late last year. She likes the fitness features; likes being able to answer her phone, in a pinch, without digging it out of her purse; particularly values its ability to tickle her with incoming text messages, since she’s now the part-time “intake attorney” for a firm that engaged her in that capacity on the basis of the successfully-concluded Big Case, and text messages are how they notify her of an “incoming.” The elder brother (seventy next week) also has one, and sings its praises. Myself, I’m still not tempted.

cordially,
New Im not into time....
not sure if I want to be that connected. If I didnt need a phone to have people get in touch to pay me I would park the cell on the charger at the house and leave it there. Think I am immune. Although I do confess that I have never owned or wore a watch that didnt completely shut down within 24 hours of wearing them so would be leery of putting out too much coin for a techno marvel watch.
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Nah! Being retired, I don't wear a watch.
My iPhone is my watch if I *really* need to know the time.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Watch this
Not long ago, I was standing in line outside a theatre, with my phone in hand—I had just received a text message from the couple who were to meet us for the evening feature—when a passer-by asked me the time. I glanced away from the phone, lifted the other hand, exposed my wrist, only at that point realizing that the information requested was already available on the handheld device. “I suppose,” I observed to the passer-by, “that this is what they call a generational ‘tell.’”

senescently,
New Samsung Gear S3 Frontier here
It's like an Apple watch, but looks like an actual watch.
New I'll consider a smart watch the day they make one ...
... as thin as the last good watch I bought in 1991. (And still have.)
--

Drew
New I don't like thin watches
It's not a rational thing. I just like a bit of heft in my watches.

But thinner watches will come - battery is the thing that keeps them fat at the moment, and when they can move to a smaller battery supported by solar power, kinetic, or whatever, they will get thinner.
New I'm sure it's not rational at all
Thin was in when I first noticed watched, so that's my reference. When I rationalize, what I'm telling myself is that making big, heavy watches is easy.
--

Drew
New Big watches look ridiculous on my slight arms
Kind of a snake swallowing a goat sort of thing.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New My Director of Development has one and loves it
Of course, he was an Apple Genius in a previous life, and pretty much buys all the Apple Things. Personally they're way too clunky for me. I don't even wear a watch now.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Yes...
I bought one over a year ago. Quite a bit over a year ago. Have it, use it, and wear it daily.

I like the fitness features. Especially the "get off your fat ass and move around for a minute" timer that goes off at 50 minutes past every hour if I haven't moved enough that hour. Being the semi-active type, I also use its fitness features when I go on "intermediate" bike rides (those 60 miles or less.) Only on the "shorter" distance rides because having the watch tracking position, distance, speed, and time for that long chews up the battery.

I do have to charge it every single night, but I'm not apt to wear anything on my arms/hands to bed anyway, so that's not a problem.

I also use it to track incoming Tweets (hello, @AgileFortune), as well as incoming text messages and email previews.

I have use it VERY sparingly for phone calls. The speaker isn't really loud enough (for me) to hear unless you're in a quiet room.

It also integrates seamlessly with my iPhone, so it's good for meeting reminders, as well as when I use my phone for settings timers on things.
-Mike

@MikeVitale42

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
     Anyone here ever score an “Apple Watch?” - (rcareaga) - (10)
         Im not into time.... - (boxley)
         Nah! Being retired, I don't wear a watch. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Watch this - (rcareaga)
         Samsung Gear S3 Frontier here - (pwhysall) - (4)
             I'll consider a smart watch the day they make one ... - (drook) - (3)
                 I don't like thin watches - (pwhysall) - (2)
                     I'm sure it's not rational at all - (drook) - (1)
                         Big watches look ridiculous on my slight arms - (malraux)
         My Director of Development has one and loves it - (malraux)
         Yes... - (mvitale)

Carefully labored prose!
104 ms