IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Passed over it a couple of times, flipping channels.
I haven't had the time to sit and watch long interviews like that; busy, busy.

Very happy to hear that it was a good show.

I did notice that he was impeccably dressed. The lack of ties in Iranian diplomats is probably something that should be emulated in the rest of the world. ;-) Though the tightly buttoned, "Mandarin collar" might be just as bad in some situations...

I caught a bit of a "HardTalk" interview with the UAE ambassador to Russia on his new book - Letters to a Young Muslim - directed towards his young son(s). He too was quite persuasive and well-reasoned. The BBC interviewer was asking him quite pointed questions about the UAE joining SA in beating up on al Jazeera. He was trying to finesse al Jazeera vs al Jazeera Arabic; shutting down aJA's editorial stance "supporting terrorism"; etc. It struck me as trying to thread the needle so that the UAE can somehow declare victory even if aJA stays on the air. These guys earn their pay. ;-)

I've always loved a great turn of a phrase. It took me too long to recognize the dangers even among those that support things I believe in. Arguing together is very important, but the "poetry" can get in the way of real understanding and progress.

Cheers,
Scott.
New I do try to keep an eye on too-fine 'words', BUT
whether deluded by myopia or not: I always look for, (~~) How? would [this person] likely respond to either [or both!]

A) Confucius's fine paragraph (concluding ~ "..hence it matters above all else that Language be correct.")
ie Antonym: Language Murder. (or Murther if-going-for-Effect)

B) How much of the leitmotifs of Stuart Chase's opus [Tyranny of Words] would likely also resonate--for Real--within the speaker's brain-pan??

Satisfying both is a Large start, but within an ignorant platitude-obsessed, mentally lazy and oft Narcissistic audience..
all those who daily massage the iggerant-Egos of this huge Tribe:
indeed try to emulate the Wise with the tawdry artificial-sweetener in their Diet-hemlock.

tl;dr: er,
     Anyone catch "an hour with Charlie Rose + Mohammad Javad Zarif" ?? [Part 1] - (Ashton) - (3)
         Passed over it a couple of times, flipping channels. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             I do try to keep an eye on too-fine 'words', BUT - (Ashton)
         He was on CNN's Fareed Zakaria's GPS this past Sunday. - (a6l6e6x)

It's a bunch of RVs, yurts, tepees, and geodesic domes set up in a field and organized by consensus.
76 ms